Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

2 Father/Daughter dances?

Hi, 
I am sure that someone has posted about this before... but I can't find it so I am making a new one! 
I have a father and a step-father who I want to be included in my wedding. I would love to do a father/daughter dance with both of them. Has anyone ever seen this done at weddings before? Would I do two completely seperate dances, or would I just do one dance and share it with them both? 
I know that I want to dance with them both. But I am just picturing a LONG time up there dancing two dances in a row and no one else doing anything... 
Thoughts?

Re: 2 Father/Daughter dances?

• Options
    I would split one dance 1/2 and 1/2. Having two different dances would seem redundant to me.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Options
    I agree w/ PP, split one song among both.   Your guests will appreciate not having to sit through multiple dances.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: 2 Father/Daughter dances?:
    [QUOTE]I agree w/ PP, split one song among both.   Your guests will appreciate not having to sit through multiple dances.
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Options
    Agree with previous posters. My cousin split a dance with her dad and step-dad. One just cut in half way through. It worked well and guests didn't have to sit through a bunch of long dances but she still got a special moment with each of them.
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan, thanks.
  • Options
    UGH! I can't imagine splitting the dance. Maybe this is selfish, but my dad passed away a couple of years ago. I would willingly cut off my left arm for 2 seconds with him. I would cut off my arms and legs for the length of a song. Those few minutes you will treasure forever. Don't give them up because you are worried about someone getting bored.

If you are afraid of your guests getting bored, make sure refreshments or cocktails have been served already and that way they have something to focus on. Besides, everyone talks during those dances anyhow. They are for the bride and her dad and everyone knows it. I think everyone who has been there realizes it and they are not going to be all bent out of shape because a bride wanted to dance with her dad for a full 3 minutes and her step dad for a full 3 minutes. That's about 6-10 minutes (depending on song length) out of the reception, not a lot to ask. You are providing food and drinks and music and entertainment for your guests, they aren't going to begrudge you a few minutes. Really, its a small matter in the grand scheme.

Also I think it would be awkward to be halfway through a song and switch partners.

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you do split the time, maybe you should mash two different songs together. That way they still get the chance to have a special moment with you. I'm in the same situation and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards