Luxury Weddings

Would it be rude to do this at a wedding recption?

i want a family style meal for my guest, nice big platters of food.they can take what they want and leave what they dont want. but since im having a royal themed wedding for i want the bride and groom table i want to be served. i mean the the guest will still get their drinks refilled and dirty plates cleared.

this has nothing to do with ppl being below one its alls all equal to me had gotten the idea from period moives i watched, ive also seen some wedding where the bride and groom had their own little table with throwns and stuff .oh and as another note, its a sit down dinner not a buffet

everyone will be taken care off, food&drinks will be refilled constanty, i think everyone is getting treated in the upmost respect

this is a family style dinner:

is this a good idea??

Re: Would it be rude to do this at a wedding recption?

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    First, grammar and proper punctuation are your friend. Feel free to use them.

I don't really understand your question or the "royal" theme.

If you are asking if there is anything wrong with doing a family style dinner, then the answer is no. It is completely fine. It is not an exactly "luxury" but it doesn't break any etiquette rules.

If you are asking if you and your groom (who will be sitting at a sweetheart's table) can be served something different than what you are serving your guests, they answer is: yes, that is very rude. The ceremony is for the bride and groom. The reception is a thank you to your guests. Don't treat them like they are second class by serving them something different than what you are going to eat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Agree with Kat about grammar and also spelling. I believe you mean "thrones" instead of "throwns." I was getting confused by what you meant until I realized you saw pictures of the bride and groom sitting in thrones. That's not exactly my style, but I can see where people may have done this in the past. I think, as Kat mentioned, that family style is okay, but again, not something I would associate with a higher-end, luxury wedding. I *think* what you're saying, though, is that you will eat the same food, but you don't want to have to get up to get it. I think if the reception site can provide you your own separate table with the same food, so you can either get up and get it yourself. As far as having that same food, but having someone walking it out to you already plated, I'm not sure. I can see being okay with it since the bride and groom aren't sitting at a table with anyone else and probably don't have room for all of those plates, but I can also see it as "why do they get full service and I don't?" I think if you're aiming for something that has a high level of class and sophistication, it's probably not the way to go. Have a plated meal served to your guests by the staff at the reception site.

• hmmm ok, ill rethink my reception plan well im just throwing ideas around,im not trying to be arrogant or anything

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_would-it-be-rude-to-do-this-at-a-wedding-recption?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:3fd86609-7e90-4e64-9cc4-ff74ea6c3e92Post:34d78f77-c8aa-4eb5-8c35-ccd1f485a462">Re: Would it be rude to do this at a wedding recption?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agree with Kat about grammar and also spelling. I believe you mean "thrones" instead of "throwns." I was getting confused by what you meant until I realized you saw pictures of the bride and groom sitting in thrones. That's not exactly my style, but I can see where people may have done this in the past. I think, as Kat mentioned, that family style is okay, but again, not something I would associate with a higher-end, luxury wedding. I *think* what you're saying, though, is that you will eat the same food, but you don't want to have to get up to get it. I think if the reception site can provide you your own separate table with the same food, so you can either get up and get it yourself. As far as having that same food, but having someone walking it out to you already plated, I'm not sure. I can see being okay with it since the bride and groom aren't sitting at a table with anyone else and probably don't have room for all of those plates, but I can also see it as "why do they get full service and I don't?" I think if you're aiming for something that has a high level of class and sophistication, it's probably not the way to go. Have a plated meal served to your guests by the staff at the reception site.
    Posted by Jells2dot0[/QUOTE]
  • I think as long as you're eating the same food, I think it would probably be ok. Lots of times at buffet weddings one of the staff walks the bride and groom through the buffet to do the actual dishing up so they don't get food on themselves. I think the logic is the same for family style, and I think it would be less noticeable than to have servers laying the food on your plates in front of everybody. I think that since everyone is getting the food delivered to their table etc, there'll be enough going on that no one will notice that your food only came on 1 plate.
  • Yea, I would not do this. It seems odd to have the bride and groom seated in thrones being served while the minions serve themselves from community platters. As "royal" as you're envisioning it, I think it will end up coming off as ungracious and narcissistic.
    *********************************************************************************

• Chevelle - Come on, you really don't think you can advertise here for free, do you?  @KnotPorscha
  • That is just wrong on so many accounts....who advertises like that!?

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• If family style is good enough for your guests it should be good enough for you, in my opinion.  But I'm still hung up on the whole 'having a royal themed wedding' part. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards