Luxury Weddings
Options

Luxury?

Hi all,

Just curious...what is considered a luxury wedding?

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif

Re: Luxury?

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Luxury is high budget. No expenses spared. Great food cocktail hour, open bar, designer dresses, fancy venues, ,multiple photographers, etc. It is truly taking care of your guests needs. We had valet and trasnportation we guests who didnt want to bother with cars, just as an example of going above and beyond. For my wedding, we paid for hair and MU for the bridal party, moms and grandmas. However, luxury doesnt have to mean a big wedding. There are many women who have amazing luxury wedidng with only 30 people.

Everyone has their own definition and dollar amount for what is considered luxury.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Katwag...thanks I wasnt sure. I questioned it because when I share my plans, etc. people are impressed beyond what I would think they would be. I guess I am having a luxury wedding for 100 guests....even down to paying for their valet services. We figure this, if guests make an effort to come (many from out of state) simply luxury is the least we could do to show how much we appreciate them!!! Figure this, we don't take the $$ with us when we leave this world! :)

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    If you have a specific question about something being "luxury' or not, that might be easier that making a generalization.

I had a truly black tie wedding. But that doesnt mean that a beach wedding without shoes cant be over the top glamorous with 5 star food/ drink, entertainment, paper, hotels etc
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with Kat. While I mostly post on here because my first wedding would be considered luxury and TK didn't have a board for that way back when, I also consider my second wedding to be luxury as well. Granted, I didn't have any guests, but I spared no expense in having our dream destination wedding. So, is it really luxury? Well, one can argue that, but the attention to detail and the guests in my first wedding, along with the cost, IMHO, places my first wedding into that category. So, overall, it's not just about the money, but it's also about going above and beyond with the attention to detail in almost every facet of the wedding.

• Options
    I may be wrong, but to me, it's more about the look and feel than how much you actually spent. For example, if you get the luxury venue for half the price, quite by accident, simply because you wanted a less-in-demand time of day or year, it still qualifies as luxury.

I'm new to this board, but I also get the feeling that a classy, classic wedding, somewhat regardless of the price-point, can qualify as a luxury wedding--that you can have a luxury wedding without being a millionaire. Again, to me, it's all about the look and feel, and less about the actual, physical price-point. Who wants to flaunt that information around, anyway? Quite classless to "leave the price tags on," so to speak. (Not saying that anyone here would do such a thing.)

That being said, it's not like a luxury wedding will be so possible to come by if you're on a budget of, say, $10,000.00. 

This is my own opinion, of course. :) 
  • Options
    I'm with @Rachel-Elise on this one.  Luxury is more about the look and feel of the wedding than the amount spent.  For instance, my total budget is about $40k - that's about $10k higher than the national average, but I live in the midwest so (1) that's about two to four times as much as what my friends spent on their wedding(s) and (2) I get a lot more bang for my buck since I don't live in a huge metropolitan area.  But both my ceremony and reception venues are historical buildings, I'm hosting 250 people for a plated dinner, my dress is reminiscent of Jackie O, and my photographer used to do editorial work in Chicago.  So I'd consider my wedding luxurious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards