Wedding Party

Maid of honor gift advice.......

Please help!
We are having a destination wedding in July and we are having 2 "best men" and one maid of honor. We know that it is expensive to come to our wedding in Florida so we have purchased the maid of honor's dress for her, the two best men shirts,vests, pants and shoes. We are also paying for any and all alterations. I'm also paying for the maid of honor to get her makeup done and I'm doing her hair. (I'm a hairstylist). So my dilemma is that I don't know what to get them for wedding party gifts.

Please help!

Re: Maid of honor gift advice.......

• Shop for them individually and get them things that are completely unrelated to your wedding.

• You need to get a gift, but remember it can be small and a thank you card goes a very long way.
  • Shop for them as if it were their birthday or Christmas.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Blue_BirdBlue_Bird member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_maid-of-honor-gift-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a4324188-13a6-4a94-b787-ad9db4dcda59Post:7a01cfe0-0b34-4b4a-90a1-3455d87c20a4">Maid of honor gift advice.......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please help! We are having a destination wedding in July and we are having 2 "best men" and one maid of honor. We know that it is expensive to come to our wedding in Florida so we have purchased the maid of honor's dress for her, the two best men shirts,vests, pants and shoes. We are also paying for any and all alterations. I'm also paying for the maid of honor to get her makeup done and I'm doing her hair. (I'm a hairstylist). So my dilemma is that I don't know what to get them for wedding party gifts. Please help!
    Posted by jenniferdunn625[/QUOTE]

The best men are your fiance's attendants, correct? If so, you only need to worry about your maid of honor, so this should be easy. You don't have to spend a lot of money. Just think about what kind of person she is. Me, I'd like something crafty, but I'm weird that way. She might enjoy a gift card to her favorite store, or a beautiful necklace you know she'd never get for herself but she'd adore. If she's an outdoorsy type, maybe she'd like some new camping gear. Just make it something personal.

ETA: MissSunshine is also correct, a handwritten, hearfelt note is always apreciated.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_maid-of-honor-gift-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a4324188-13a6-4a94-b787-ad9db4dcda59Post:7a01cfe0-0b34-4b4a-90a1-3455d87c20a4">Maid of honor gift advice.......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please help! We are having a destination wedding in July and we are having 2 "best men" and one maid of honor. We know that it is expensive to come to our wedding in Florida so we have purchased the maid of honor's dress for her, the two best men shirts,vests, pants and shoes. We are also paying for any and all alterations. I'm also paying for the maid of honor to get her makeup done and I'm doing her hair. (I'm a hairstylist). So my dilemma is that I don't know what to get them for wedding party gifts. Please help!
    Posted by jenniferdunn625[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>As PP mentioned, shop like it's her bday.  Your FI should be in charge of getting the groomsmen gifts.</div><div>
    </div><div>As an aside, are you really sure you want to be someone else's hair on your wedding day?  For me, the day went so fast and I feel like I barely had enough time to get myself ready, let alone worry about someone else.

</div>
  • I am making each of the girls in my WP a thank you bag with items they will like or use. A personlaized mirror compact is one of them. I set a budget for each one and went from there
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_maid-of-honor-gift-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a4324188-13a6-4a94-b787-ad9db4dcda59Post:daf3cf73-45b1-4a0e-9442-56040bbe0abb">Re: Maid of honor gift advice.......</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am making each of the girls in my WP a thank you bag with items they will like or use. A personlaized mirror compact is one of them. I set a budget for each one and went from there
    Posted by KimandByron[/QUOTE]

Please put something more personal and useful in there than a mirrored compact. A favorite movie on DVD, a gift card, something. No "wedding emergency kit" junk
    Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards