South Asian Weddings
Options

Budget

We just decided on our wedding date for this July and one of the first steps, of course, is to create a budget.  And I just can't seem to figure out how to do that.  I wanted to get an idea of how much different vendors cost for decorations; however, I haven't really heard back from anybody that I contacted through their respective websites.  Should I call them personally?

Any tips will be very helpful.

Re: Budget

• Options
    We asked for quotes via email as well, but I think it helped that we were very specific about what we'd need (e.g., # of hrs of photography, etc.), asked for prices, and that my fiancee actually sent the emails. I feel like when brides email, vendors always want to talk on the phone about a lot of unnecessary background, but it takes a lot of time. It's gendered, but maybe they assume that if a guy is emailing, he is more interested in the bottom line than a gushy conversation.
  • Options
    I think it's #1 important to figure out how much you are able to spend.  Then figure out how much things cost and try to fit it into your original budget amount.  

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards