Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

wedding nightmares

So, I had a pretty terrible dream last night- bad enough to wake me up in the middle of the night.

It was our wedding day, and we were at our reception (only it was being held in a shed, weird). We were all eating and having a good old time, but I noticed it was really quite in the room- just small chatter here and there. I looked around and there was hardly anyone in the room. Just our close family and the people I invited from work. Noone came to our wedding! I threw this huge party and noone came! I looked beside me and I was sitting next to my boss. I ended up making small talk about work throughout my reception and it was awkward dancing cause it was just FI and I and a bunch of older people. 
It was terrible

Anyone else have any wedding related dreams lately?

Re: wedding nightmares

• edited December 2011
    You just summed up my biggest fear... No one coming and no one dancing!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    I've had a few nightmares in the past.  I once had a dream that DF didn't show up on time to the ceremony and we had to climb like a thousand stairs to stand before the priest.  The stairs were really narrow, paired with nerves I passed out and tumbled down the stairs.  The congrigation was made up of people from the next wedding, my family wasn't there.  It woke me up. 

I'm sure our weddings will go smoothly without any major issues.  Sometimes our minds get the best of us!  I do hate it though!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Yea, I had a few (when I was planning)...I don't remember any specific one, but they all centered around strange things (like getting married in a hair salon) and being unprepared (to the extreme that I was going dress shopping on the day of the wedding). I just learned to laugh at them, since they were so far-fetched. They are of course long gone, though I think I had a dream a while ago that we were getting married again. I don't remember any of the details though!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I've had a few-most dealing with things I hadn't booked yet.  Like I had a dream we waited at the church forever for a limo and it never came-because I hadn't booked it yet.  FI had one last week-I thought that was good that I'm not the only one freaking out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I wish FI would have one! He's so calm about everything! lol.  I think once my invitations are done, I'll just relax and have fun with the rest of the little crafts I want to do.  I just cant wait till these invites are done!
  • edited December 2011
    S, did you get my email reply yesterday about the invites? I hope it helped. You'll feel so good once they are done and mailed!
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had nightmares about not having made a hair appointment and not having ordered a cake. After a few nights of these, I just picked a hair style, called my stylist and made an apt. for a trial run and then made appointments to taste cakes!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    sorry- yeah, I did Kim. I sent it out to a few people and haven't responded to anyone yet. I will I promise! Thanks tho!
  • edited December 2011
    No problem, I just wanted to make sure you got it. Smile
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    really super late on this (had pc problems all day)

But I had a nightmare a couple weeks ago that all the females that showed up at the wedding were wearing bridal gowns, and that more people than were invited showed up and there wasn't enough space and food for all of the people. Then the people at the venue started yelling at me for not being clear with them about how many guests were coming. It was awful.

So you aren't alone. :)
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm super late on this one, but this was my favourite:

Last November when I was preparing for my sr. thesis defense, I kept dreaming that I was doing my defense right before the wedding, so I did my defense in my dress, and my board (which was all women) were my bridesmaids. They grilled me so hard on my thesis that I was 2 hours late to my wedding, and Fi was sitting on the alter crying.

My other favourite one was we had gotten a horse and carriage to get from my parents house in Plum to the ceremony in Oakland. They called the morning of and said the horses were sick, so they were sending a camel. And in the dream I rode a camel, in my dress, from Plum to St. Paul's Cathedral.

I need to stop eating before bed. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    I actually had one last night.  The weather made it so we couldn't get to our ceremony/reception site (makes sense b/c of the current weather -- BLAH).  So my dad said we'd just have it at our house.  Then it got to be time for the ceremony to start and only 10 people were there.  No pastor, no makeup artist.  It suddenly dawned on me that we didn't let anyone else know that we changed the venue, so that's why they weren't showing up.  So we called our original place & told them to relay the message to our guests.  For the next two hours guests trickled in (how they could get around in the so-called bad weather is beside me).  I waited only until the pastor showed up, and when he did, he got out of his car on crutches!  So it took him a while to make it up the stairs to the house & even though the makeup artist never showed, we started as I held back my tears....then I woke up!

I can't imagine what they're going to be like when I get closer to the day! YIKES!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards