Wedding Woes

I need cell phone help

H lost his phone.  He barely uses it, but he still needs one.  He doesn't have a contract, just pay as go minutes and no data plan.  That has been working well for him.  And his phone kind of sucked (very user unfriendly) so I'm not too sad to see it go.

I also barely use any minutes.  I don't talk to people.  If we could share we could get by on 50 minutes a month, but stupid phone companies don't offer that.  

Does anyone have a pay as you go data plan? I'm paying for about 20x more than I actually use on both data and minutes.  And my contract just ended so I'm thinking it is a good time to shake it up for both me and H.  

Also, does anyone uderstand this push to talk thing?  Does that mean that there are no traditional minutes, just calls over the internet as long as you are using wi-fi?  I'm thinking that might be good.  If we barely use our phones to talk, then I could come out far ahead paying 40 cents per minute for the two phone calls per month happening out of range of wi-fi.   

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I need cell phone help

• Do you need texting/data?
  • I need texting/data. But miminim on both.  He sends maybe one text per month.  And he has been getting by without data.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jitterbug is tempting.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wonder if the Jitterbug still has the only one ring tone option with that awesome Jitterbug song...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • hello, white version of hmonkey (w/o the award winning ladygarden)! 

you bought a virgin mobile phone and a $35/month plan with unlimited messaging, data and 300 minutes, which you mostly use to check your voicemail, which you return with email and texts.

www.virginmobileusa.com

(you are not a vendor)
  • WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    wham likes the jitterbug.

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2013
    T-mobile does $80 month-to-month unlimited everything for 2 lines.  It's just that the data is capped into lower speeds after 500MB.  But since you live in BFE, you probably don't have 4G or higher speeds in the first place.

If you do, you can grab higher limits for more $.

If you buy the phone you want and take it to T-mobile, no other charges.  Or you can buy T-mobile phone and make payments.  If you do that and cancel, rest of phone charge comes through.

Walmart also has their Smarttalk plan, which if you bring in your own phone, is $45 unlimited minutes, data and texting, month-to-month.  Some of that will depend on phones.
  • I just looked up usage on my last bill:

16 minutes of talk
    34 texts
    112.78MB data used

I am an old lady.  So the T-mobile thing would be plenty for me. But then if I were to get a job where I didn't have wi-fi access, I would probably use a lot more data.

Virgin Mobile has really crappy coverage down here.  But we might be moving soon.  So I don't know if I should care about that. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    how much do you currently pay for your cell phone service?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards