Wedding Woes

Parents of the world

If you're going to participate in sexual activities that you don't want your teenager to find out about and use the internet as part of participation of said activities, don't share a computer with them.  

Dear Prudence,
My husband and I are in our mid-40s and have been married for 20 years. We have a teenage son and a younger daughter, and for the past five years, my husband and I have explored swinging. We've had sex with two other couples over the past several years, and find it a fun way to be both intimate and adventurous together. We currently meet with a couple once or twice per month when we go to a hotel and leave our children at my parents' home. We’ve been careful and discreet but little while ago, one of us forgot to sign out of the account we use to contact this couple, and my son found a sexually explicit email from the other woman that he assumed was directed only to my husband and concluded his father was cheating on me. He's confronted my husband, who was flabbergasted and said little apart from unconvincing denials and sputtering about privacy. My son threatened to tell me. I can't imagine that coming clean to him in any detail about our private lives would be healthy. I’ve been trying to come up with a believable lie or half-truth that could be told. What do we do?

—Caught

Re: Parents of the world

• Hahahahaha. Serves you right dummies!
  • Morons. And I understand wanting to keep your private life private, but now the cat's out of the bag, just be honest. Why compound the situation with more lying? Just to make it look like you follow someone else's arbitrary rules? Is that how you want your kids to live their lives?

Also, I'm stuck on the fact that the teenager can't watch the other kid. How irresponsible is he? 
  • Hahahah! Awesome!  Well son, your mother and I are swingers and we will be paying in full for any therapy you need beyond today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • I truly don't get why they'd rather the kid think dad is a cheater than that his parents actually respect each other and agree to kinky stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards