Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding party sits?

How are you arraigning your wedding party? I've attended several weddings where the wedding party have their own table however I want to sit them with their significant other anyone doing this?

Re: Wedding party sits?

• Absolutely, you're on the right track. Traditionally, the wedding party is forced to sit together and separated from their SOs just to make the pictures look pretty. It's completely rude and inconsiderate. Make sure that the WP is seated with their SOs, regardless if it's all at the same table or spread out. FI had grown up only seeing head tables with the WP and wanted to do this. He didn't understand why it was rude until we were in the WP of our friend's wedding last year. Her mom set the traditional head table which we were lucky to sit together but the bride's cousin couldn't sit with her husband and child because they weren't in the WP. She was visibly upset and left the reception in tears.
  • You're right to not want to separate couples. It really sucks to be separated from your SO just becuase only one of you is in the wedding party. This has happened at almost every wedding I've attended, but it doesn't make it right. I'm glad to see people breaking away from it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We had a sweetheart table for dh and I.  Then our bm and moh sat with their so's at different tables. 
  • Great! I'm trying to sit everyone at a couple tables but there's one chair left at a able so I thought of just sitting a single friend at that table?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wedding-party-sits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:0e56c0e0-9f5a-4210-934b-588516ed6a16Post:9d52a06c-00c7-47fd-a339-9fa29efc5ca5">Re: Wedding party sits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great! I'm trying to sit everyone at a couple tables but there's one chair left at a able so I thought of just sitting a single friend at that table?
    Posted by Chrisnpriss[/QUOTE]

<div>That's perfectly fine, especially if the single friend knows the people at the table.</div>
  • Great!! Thanks stressing too much
  • We had a sweetheart table and our BP sat with their families or friends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards