Wedding Reception Forum

I NEED OPINIONS ABOUT CHARGERS

So I'm having a buffet dinner at my reception and the plates for dinner will be placed at the buffet table. My issue is that I really like the look of chargers on the tables, but in this case I'm wondering if I should use them or not. I'm thinking most of my guests will know that they are just for decoration and not to eat on but you never know lol

Any opinions, thoughts, suggestions??.... 

Re: I NEED OPINIONS ABOUT CHARGERS

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-opinions-about-chargers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:5e4fde51-4093-49e4-996b-018a2c58ac87Post:f79f3352-e872-4394-8a79-1a723fe3ec4b">I NEED OPINIONS ABOUT CHARGERS</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm having a buffet dinner at my reception and the plates for dinner will be placed at the buffet table. My issue is that I really like the look of chargers on the tables, but in this case I'm wondering if I should use them or not. I'm thinking most of my guests will know that they are just for decoration and not to eat on but you never know lol Any opinions, thoughts, suggestions??.... 
    Posted by mrsrhawkins[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I would skip them.  I feel buffets give off more of a casual feel and chargers seem more appropriate for a sit down plated meal.  And like you said, you may have some guests taking them up to the buffet line!

</div>
  • I am biased, because I hate chargers (who needs a plate...to put your plate on?!) but with a buffet I think it would just be confusing. Skip them. 
  • I don't really "get" chargers.  Sure it's a nice photo opt, but outside of those few minutes, what's the point?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I like chargers, but I agree some of your guests might get confused. I know I had some guests that would never have known they were not the plates.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think chargers are a waste of money for a buffet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards