Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

STD opinion and check!

Just booked our Dj! So excited!

Question:  I have been stalking the Vistaprint website.  Orginally we were just going to sent post card save the dates (with a photo) but they are also having a special on the magnets.  Is it over kill to do both? Which one did you go with?  And anyone used vistaprint?  I am looking at the standard postcards, and the smaller magnets
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: STD opinion and check!

• jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you signed up for the emails? if you haven't, the email promotions are FAR better than what they have on their website (think 100 postcards for free).

it might be overkill, it might not. people will probably throw the card away and put the magnet on the fridge if you do both. i don't think it's a big deal if you really want to do both!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd stick with one. I didn't use Vistaprint, but I did do magnet STDs. They were a big hit, IMO, and are more likely to be kept/displayed. Like jrsy said, if you sign up for their emails you will almost always find sales.

Congrats on booking your DJ!
  • edited December 2011

Personally, I think both would be overkill. I have read a lot of posts on the DIY boards that the postcards weren't sturdy enough to be mailed without an envelope. I ordered the small magnets and I would recommend the larger ones. I had a picture on the left side and four lines of text on the right. We liked the quality, but thought they were just too small.

image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011

For those who only did a magnet, did you not send anything else in the evelope?  I was thinking of sticking them to the post card (in an evelope) still undecided

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got my magnet STDs from Vistaprint about a week and a half ago.   I'm just putting the magnets in the envelope. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I did Vista Print postcards and they are definitely sturdy enough as a self-mailer.

I always like magnet STDs. If you find a good deal for the large ones, go for those!
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think two might be overkill.  Like a PP said, I would probably just toss the card and put the magnet on my fridge.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Just another opinion.  We did both.  We used VistaPrint and got the free postcards (just paid for photo upload) and the free magnets.  You don't get the same number of postcards and magnets for free.  I think it was only 25 free magnets and we ended up with about 200 free postcards.  

We sent the postcards to everyone that was invited (since a lot of our guest list was out of town).  The magnets went just to the bridal party and our close family members.  We figured they would be the people most likely to keep the magnets after the wedding was over.  The picture we used for the postcards and the magnets was identical.  We still see the magnets up on people's fridges (our wedding was over a year ago), so I personally don't think that it was overkill to do both.  
  • edited December 2011
    I did the exact same thing slm did.  We ordered 100 free postcards and 25 free magnets.  The postcards were sturdy and easy to mail without an envelop.  We gave out the magnets to bridal party, immediate family, and anyone who was involved in the wedding (readers, ushers, etc.) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late on this but I got my STD cards and magnets from vista and they are AMAZING! They came out better than I could have thought! I got the small buisness card size magnets and uploaded my own design - they came great. I did the same with the announcements - i ordered the 4x8 announcements with color front and back and uploaded my design there as well! DEF worth it! Sign up for their emails b/c they have some great deals! PM me if you have any other qus!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I think I am going with the postcard (we need about 100 so the free ones really work well for us) Then I think I am going to order the free small and large magnets for friends family wedding party (The people who will actually keep it up and enjoy it) 

I think I am going to get envelopes for the cards, I know a lot of people said they were sturdy enough to mail alone but the back on ours seems to be a little awkward for an address so envelopes will make that easier
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards