California-Northern

Wedding Bug reviews?

Has anyone used wedding bug photographers? We chose them soley based on the fact that that's all we could afford being on a very tight budget. Was just wondering if anyone else has used them?

Re: Wedding Bug reviews?

• Hi, I just posted a review on Yelp about our experience with them. Here's the info I posted:

Minimal Customer Service, Good Results

We hired our wedding photographer and DJ through Wedding Bug.

I contracted their services six months before the wedding, paying my deposit via credit card.

I had one scheduled call with my wedding coordinator, and we never connected over the phone. She left a voicemail on my office number, but I was working from home. I left her voicemail... That said, she did answer questions within a day or so via email.

However, I started to get nervous when the balance on our contract came due 30 days before our wedding, and I couldn't use a credit card, as I had for my deposit.  I HATE prepaying for anything with a check, because there's no recourse if you're not happy.

I shared my concerns about the need to pay by check, including how it felt a bit bait-and-switch since they accept credit cards for deposits, with my wedding representative, and asked that she convey them to Wedding Bug management. And then I mailed my check. By that point, I felt it was too late to start looking for another vendor for a June wedding.

The photographer and DJ got in touch with me five days before our wedding AFTER I nudged my wedding representative about our lack of contact. Those two phone calls revealed that the information I'd submitted via the Wedding Bug website had not been fully transmitted. Some of our song selections made it through, but not all; our list of desired photo shots wasn't clear. I recreated and emailed the song list to the DJ, and made a printout of our must-have photos for the photographer.

On the plus side, the DJ did a great job at our ceremony. He did an excellent with the cocktail-to-dance music transitions, and was very pleasant to deal with.

The photographer took some really nice shots, and we received a link to an online "preview" album of our photos within 10 days, and the DVD by mail about three weeks after the wedding.

I'm very satisfied with our results. The minimal customer service, and the check payment requirement, keep me from giving the service 5 stars.
  • Lyds85Lyds85 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    oh cool, thank you for posting this info. they're rates are so affordable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards