Kentucky-Louisville

Gift baskets for out of town guests

My daughter is getting married May 26th, and her fiancé's family all are coming from out of town (several parts of the country). We'd like to put together gift baskets to leave at the hotel with an assortment of "local" items, and I need some suggestions for things that won't totally bust our budget. We were thinking of making some bourbon balls, getting small bags of coffee from Heine brothers and maybe a small bottle of Maker's Mark. Any other things you think would be good to include? We've got the entire weekend planned, so I don't think there is really a need to include a lot of pamphlets on things to do, but any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks, 

Re: Gift baskets for out of town guests

• We are doing something similar.  Pending your budget, here is what we threw around:

Maker's Mark
    Bourbon Balls
    Ale 8 (bottled in Lexington, KY)
    Mini Derby Pies (these are expensive... we decided against them last minute)
    Louisville slugger something... (I think they have pins that look like Bats)

I'm also including bottled water, pretzels, popcorn (each hotel room has a microwave), crackers, etc.
    Itinerary for the weekend and directions to each place is another suggestion one of our guests made.
    We are also doing our baskets in KFC Buckets!

I wouldn't worry about pamphlets.  Those will end up in the trash.

I didn't think about Heine Brothers!!!  What a great idea!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tea from Hillbilly Tea.  Trinkets from Why Louisville (on Market Street in NuLu). 
  • Roobee Red Tea is iced tea from Louisville too and easier to put in the baskets. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards