Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Help Me!!!!!

Recently got engaged less than a month ago * WOOT WOOT* and I am in need of some help.  I'm not much of a girly girl, so this whole planning a wedding and pick colors and dresses and all of that jass is totally out of my element.  I really need help with some color idea's.... Our wedding will be October 14 2014 and I am wanting a rustic/country themed wedding, but for the colors would like for it for it not to be so "fall like"... seems like everyone in my family had fall like or falll color weddings, so I would like to change it up a bit.  Like i said this whole thing is new to me and having to try and pick colors that go well together is like Chinese to me... HELP!!!!! Thanks =)

Re: Help Me!!!!!

• Who cares if your colors would not be "fall-like"?  Whose wedding is this anyways?  And I honestly cannot tell you the last time I went to a wedding and said "OMG - can you believe she used purple and silver?  This is fall, why didnt she have copper and red?" 

So tell us all, other people opinions aside - what do YOU want?
  • It sounds like you just need a bit of help....one recommendation would be to actually go to a page on the knot that covers color combinations. Maybe you can pick a "fall" color to anchor and then an unexpected combination. An example would be a fall orange paired with pink....an unexpected combination for a fall wedding.
    If you start w/ a base color that you like on this site...it allows you to view interesting combinations and not just the expected. .

Here is the link to the subset page....I hope that it will be helpful.
    http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-colors/orange-wedding.aspx
  • Thanks for your advice guys... it means a lot to me... I know for sure that I want to have the color Teal part of my wedding colors... Now I just need to figure out what other colors to have go with it... Ugh I am terrible at making decisions!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_help-me-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:53ffd0c5-b720-4e39-bb0c-f9f9e683e395Post:844395de-45d4-40ac-9486-bb33f9a83f61">Re: Help Me!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for your advice guys... it means a lot to me... I know for sure that I want to have the color Teal part of my wedding colors... Now I just need to figure out what other colors to have go with it... Ugh I am terrible at making decisions!!

<div>
    </div><div>I suggest a chocolate brown with teal!</div>
  • I'm thinking Teal with an orange color....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_help-me-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:53ffd0c5-b720-4e39-bb0c-f9f9e683e395Post:7d0e7cb8-c38c-4c42-9669-da78a219daf3">Re: Help Me!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking Teal with an orange color....
    Posted by softballchyk32[/QUOTE]
    I Love the teal and orange, there's so much you can do with this! I have a lot of ideas with these colors that would tie into the rustic/country theme if you would like to talk more! Here's my email, feel free to get in touch with me and i'd be more than happy to help in any way I can!
    Kristy
    <a href="mailto:[email protected]" rel="nofollow">[email protected]</a>
  • edited October 2012
    Hello!

Ok! First of all, let me just say: CONGRATS!! Take a deep breath in, deep breath out, I am here to help! I am going for wedding planning next fall and I would love to help you plan your wedding for free if you are interested!
    A little bit about me:
    I got married July 21st, 2012 at Oglebay Park. (Very rustic!)
    I planned and coordinated my wedding by myself and had a blast!
    I have a cat.
    I pay attention to detail.
    I own Steady Creek Cinema which is a wedding videography business.
    I live in Mt.Lebanon.
    Ok, enough about me! What about you?

Sincerely,
    Bethany D'Amico
  • Hi Bethany! Thanks for offering to help me.... I need all the hop I can get! And congrats on your wedding!!!! Do you have any pictures of your weeding or decorations?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards