Catholic Weddings

Excited for Easter!

Morning ladies! I hope everyone who has to work today has a great day. I know traffic seemed lighter than usual this morning.

DH and I are hosting Easter dinner at our house and I am pretty excited. I love to cook and have a yummy dessert planned. I pray it turns out ok, but I am going to make it Saturday so I have some wiggle room just in case. Everyone is bringing something, so we are just doing the main course. Tonight we have to get the house tidied up and cleaned. It is going to be a busy weekend, but well worth it to have everyone together in one place instead of going to 2 different places.

I am also looking forward to the Vigil Mass tomorrow night. It has been 4 years since I have been confirmed.

Re: Excited for Easter!

• How exciting!  We have a group of friends whose families all live out of town, so we're all getting together for lunch/dinner on Sunday.

Barring any major setbacks, we're trading my sedan in for a mommy car tomorrow!  I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry when I hand the keys to my car over, but I'm really excited at the idea of having some room for larger stuff in my car.  Plus baby.  =)

Hopefully we'll go to Easter Vigil as well.  Our priest mentioned that it's almost always just confirmati and their families, which is crazy because at the parish where I was confirmed, it was standing room only at Easter Vigil.  And congrats, Missy!  This is my two-year anniversary!
    Anniversary

• Morning! I'm still all pumped from Mass last night. It was soooo crowded. It was nearly as crowded as Christmas Eve...there was barely any standing room. Today H has off work, but I don't. I'm secretly hoping he will do a bit of cleaning today, but who knows? I'm trying to decide what to do tmw. It's supposed to be nice out, so I want to spend time outside!

• Good Morning!  I didn't make it to Mass last night, H was working and I had to get our condo cleaned up a bit for another showing today at 10.  I took my dogs for a nice long walk last night since it was finally nice enough outside, they got completely muddy but I could tell they loved the outdoor time.

Tomorrow night H and I have tickets to a concert, so we'll go to Mass sometime on Sunday.  Since it's just the two of us for Easter, we'll probably go to  a later time so we can sleep in a bit, and then have a leisurely day cooking and just hanging out. 

Prof - what kind of mommy car are you getting?
  • Erin, we've finally settled on a Mazda CX-9.  We managed to find a used one with low miles and the highest trim level, so it is reeeally nice.  
    Anniversary

• That sounds awesome!  Probably won't even feel "mom-ish" at all :)

My next vehicle will probably be something along those lines, right now I have a Chevy Equinox which I really like, and should work with one (maybe two) kids, but eventually I want to go up a bit in size.  H is next in line for a new car though so I think it will be quite a while!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_excited-for-easter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:bf562766-8a6a-4589-8bdc-7c29687fb7bbPost:44772bce-dc56-4f12-9e11-6b607411e850">Re: Excited for Easter!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds awesome!  Probably won't even feel "mom-ish" at all :) My next vehicle will probably be something along those lines, right now I have a Chevy Equinox which I really like, and should work with one (maybe two) kids, but eventually I want to go up a bit in size.  H is next in line for a new car though so I think it will be quite a while!
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]

<div>I think it will in the sense that it's just SO MUCH bigger than what I'm used to driving, but it handles pretty well so I'm sure I'll get over that pretty soon.  I'm hoping everything works out this weekend because I want to go test our car seats and make sure the one we're thinking of getting is easy to get in and out of this car and H's car.</div>
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_excited-for-easter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:bf562766-8a6a-4589-8bdc-7c29687fb7bbPost:bc2667d3-a1d1-449a-b1c3-0debb631c01a">Re: Excited for Easter!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin, we've finally settled on a Mazda CX-9.  We managed to find a used one with low miles and the highest trim level, so it is reeeally nice.  
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Those are so nice! Our next car will be a crossover/suv as well. H does not want a minivan. We are car payment free right now and figure my 4 door will be big enough for the first baby. If H's car dies sooner rather than later, then we will just go ahead and get a new car then. But we are really hoping to hold out for a bit longer.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_excited-for-easter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:bf562766-8a6a-4589-8bdc-7c29687fb7bbPost:5d8fdce3-4257-49cf-9ff9-867d05738f34">Re: Excited for Easter!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Excited for Easter! : Those are so nice! Our next car will be a crossover/suv as well. H does not want a minivan. We are car payment free right now and figure my 4 door will be big enough for the first baby. If H's car dies sooner rather than later, then we will just go ahead and get a new car then. But we are really hoping to hold out for a bit longer.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

<div>I think it would have been ideal for us to hold out, too, but my car has nearly 110K miles on it (and it's only a 2008), so we wanted to trade it while we could still get a pretty good deal.  The good news is it's nearly paid off, so any money we get will go straight to our down payment.</div>
    Anniversary

• That totally makes sense prof!
  • I would love it if we could hold out to get a new car for H until mine is paid off, but since I have nearly 3 years left, I really don't think his will hold out that long.  And if we plan to have a baby in the next few years, it could be pretty tight budget-wise to try and squeeze in all those extra expenses along with two car payments.  Ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards