April 2014 Weddings

What's next??

Ladies - after the engagement, I went crazy and wanted to secure all of our major vendors....I've booked - location, dj, photographer, videographer and photo booth...

so...what's next?  I'm feeling at a loss for the next major steps. advice?

Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's next??

• You look at flowers...see what you like and the pricing for the season based on the flowers you want.  Out of season flowers will most likely cost more.  Have you looked at anything for your ceremony?  Do you need a church or an officiant if your getting married somewhere other than a religious outlet?

Are you planning on sending out Save the Dates?  You could start looking at pricing for those.  If you plan on DIYing invitations or anything else, you could start researching those projects.

Are you taking engagement photos?
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would start looking at dresses too! I ordered mine a month ago, and I have to go back in this week to get measured again. It will not be in until October, but I would rather have it here early so I don't have to stress about fittings.

Have you already had a tasting with your catering? What about a hotel block for your out of town guests? Wedding website?
  • DRESSES!!  

I think I am designing our STDs and invites, so I've been working on that.  Also, if you haven't already done this, you can start working on your wedding website.
  • Thanks everyone...I'm not sure if I'm ready to start flowers yet...l'm thinking that depending on my dress/bridesmaid dresses the color/style that I'm thinking about right now could possibly change?  

I haven't started looking at dresses yet...it's weird - I almost feel like I'm not ready to do that yet, I don't know why though.  

Then as far as save the dates - we're not taking our engagement pics until may/june and I want to include a picture in it....so I can't really do that either.

it's like writers block for wedding planning haha! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you haven't already, put together a wedding notebook with dividers so you can stay organized. Also, begin a spreadsheet with either your budget or in my case, documentation for costs. I'd also finalize your guest list as much as possible.

I did the same thing as you - booked everything/everyone I needed to have booked. I would have hated to look for a Plan B because I wanted too late to book! So, good for you!! Next, I started with going through those people/places that I'd booked and began making lists of questions to ask/things to consider so that I would have those types of things mapped out. Ex: The church requires altar flowers with certain dimensions so I made a list of that information to put in the "Flowers" section of my planning notebook so that when I go to talk to a florist, I have those dimension requirements readily available. I also have to pay the officiant separately than the sound tech separately from the custodian so I made notes for getting their names so I could make sure all of that contact information was updated before having to write the actual checks.

We also met with a travel agent & began looking into honeymoons so that we could have a ballpark of how much to have saved for the honeymoon by the wedding day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards