Canada-Vancouver
Options

Honeymoon not too far from here?

Hey guys! So my fiancee and I were initially dreaming of Hawaii and tropical flowers and drinks in coconut shells. But alas, we have ended up with basically no budget room for a honeymoon. If it's a choice between Hawaii and feeding our relatives, I choose the relatives. 

Anyways! Is there anywhere along the west coast that wouldn't be too far away, has a beach that gets WARM, and has more of a pamper vibe than a roughing-it vibe? I don't want to camp, I want massages and romance and bathing suits. Does that exist in the region without spending as much as we would on flights/hotels for far-away destinations?

We are new to the area. Help would be very appreciated!

Re: Honeymoon not too far from here?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-vancouver_honeymoon-not-too-far-from-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:625Discussion:e8739cdb-dca6-4c54-9f33-1df4230711b5Post:dd27ea51-04ce-4d22-860c-4ce7057ab5bd">Honeymoon not too far from here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys! So my fiancee and I were initially dreaming of Hawaii and tropical flowers and drinks in coconut shells. But alas, we have ended up with basically no budget room for a honeymoon. If it's a choice between Hawaii and feeding our relatives, I choose the relatives.  Anyways! Is there anywhere along the west coast that wouldn't be too far away, has a beach that gets WARM, and has more of a pamper vibe than a roughing-it vibe? I don't want to camp, I want massages and romance and bathing suits. Does that exist in the region without spending as much as we would on flights/hotels for far-away destinations? We are new to the area. Help would be very appreciated!
    Posted by jjhk1108[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Vancouver!  To a certain degree, the warm beach thing will depend on the time of year that you're getting married. 

Although the water won't be warm, the beach can be on Vancouver Island, in between Tofino and Ucuelet.  There's the Wickaninnish Inn, which would be more luxurious, or many B&Bs near there.

Another option would be Orcas Island in Washington State.  It's pretty close, and there are lots of B&Bs there are well.

If you're up for a bit more of a drive, the Okanagan is great in the summer.  There are some nice beaches on Okanagan Lake.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards