Colorado

NWR-Possibly moving to Fort Collins

Hi everyone,

I was hoping you could help me out.  I was accepted to a graduate program at Colorado State, and I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to go there or my other top choice.  If I go, FI (by then H) and I would be moving in August. 

So, I guess I was wondering if you could give your thoughts on what it's like to live in the Fort Collins area.  What's the cost of living like there?  I've looked it up, but just reading numbers makes it harder to put in perspective!  How about employment?  I'm worried about my FI being able to find a job.  He's not afraid to take whatever he needs to.  Any insight on that?  Anything else (good or bad) that you'd like to tell me about it?  I can google search all I want, but sometimes it's just nice to hear what actual people have to say!

Thanks so much!

Re: NWR-Possibly moving to Fort Collins

• It's a nice area.  I have a friend who goes to CSU.  Cost of living isn't high, it's a college town, and there are plenty of smaller towns near by that you can find affordable housing in.  

What does your FI do?  There are jobs around it just depends on what he's looking to do.  The school has a really pretty campus and there are lots of fun things to do in CO.  Lots of hiking and outdoor activities to keep busy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • That is my hometown and I love it. Yes it is has a college town but so much more. Housing is very affordable compared to alot of areas. I currently pay 1,500 a month for a 2 bed condo and in fort collins that will get us a 4 bd house a month. There is a great bike trail system that runs through out the city. A lot of job opportunities depending on what your husband does. You can be in Denver in 75 minutes or less which is great advantage. There are a ton of local breweries with free brewery tours. Downtown is fun and relaxing. horsetooth is great for boating and hiking. The poudre canyon is right down the road for camping, tubing, hiking, snowshoeing, snowmobiling.... The CSU campus is beautiful and has a great library and rec center

My husband and I are serioulsy considering moving to Fort Collins this september b/c of cost of living and the job market and the activities/lifestyle of FC.  

if you need more info just let me know
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards