Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Do we need to send invites to...?

Hi Knotties! I was wondering if you are suspposed to send wedding invitations to your DJ, Pastor and Photographer?

This is probably a silly question but I don't know the answer! :)

Thank You!

Re: Do we need to send invites to...?

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no etiquette buff, but I think inviting the officiant and his/her spouse to the rehearsal dinner and the reception is the norm.

Your DJ and photographer will be at the venue to work during your wedding anyway, so I don't think they need invitations.  To me, the invitations are for people that will be your guests, not working for you, at your reception.  So, I probably wouldn't send invitations to them and I doubt it's required by etiquette, but you could.
  • carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    the only one we sent an invite to was our officiant, since he had no reason to already be attending the reception. the rest of our vendors did not get invites, however, we were not providing them with the same meal as our guests. if we had done that, we would have sent invites so that they could let us know what they wanted to eat. we considered providing them with the same meal, but at the end of the day decided we were paying them enough already so the $20 meal would be sufficient. i know others who have not agreed with this thought and opted to serve their vendors guest meals, which i think is nice also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    If you are going to want a photograph of your invitation, then make sure you either send one to the photographer or at least provide one on the day of your wedding so she/he can get a nice picture.
  • carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    or simply have an invitation with you while getting ready. the photog will take some time to shoot all of the details, i.e., jewelry, shoes, dress, hair piece, rings, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ShleeASTShleeAST member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards