Connecticut

After-party for an afternoon wedding?

My daughter's afternoon wedding at the Riverhouse will end at about 4 PM. I have family and friends coming from out of the area. we live in Fairfield Couty, our house is for sale and for that and many other reasons prefer not to have people over to our house after the wedding.

Do people expect an after-party? If so, can you offer any recommendations for a casual, reasonably priced venue closer to our Weston home?

Re: After-party for an afternoon wedding?

• sunshineinnesunshineinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    My reception ended at 5pm.  Honestly, I don't think it is necessary, even though a lot of people do them.  Our wedding was at 10am, and we had people travelling quite some distance that morning, and driving home that evening.  It's a long day for people...
    That being said, my now in-laws did host an after-party at his sister's home (no one on my side attended, besides my parents and MOH, since no formal invites went out, and I couldn't figure out how to communicate the details to everyone).  They had catered sandwiches, desserts, and coffee..  It was nice, but my husband and I left by 8:00, since we had been up since 4:30am, and wanted to enjoy the B&B we were staying at.  :)

• My parents had an after party for my brother's wedding.  The DJ made the announcement at the end of the reception.  They bought a bunch of subway sandwiches for people who might still be hungry.  It was mostly friends of the bride and groom that came; my brother and his wife left after about an hour.
  • i am having a mid-day wedding but even the ones I have gone to no one has done an after party..the wedding itself can cost enough and thats what the reception is at least to me..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards