Florida-Central Florida

Does Wedding Photog Exist for Under $1000?

Hi guys-

This is my first post on The Knot! I haven't started planning my wedding yet but it's time to get a move on!

I'm most worried about the photographer. Like everyone else I'm on a budget, so I'm wondering if it's possible to find a capapble photographer and get pretty good coverage of the day, and edited images on a disc for 1000 to 2000 dollars. I absolutley understand they are artist and a lot more work goes into their price than day of services, but I have to ask!

Anyone have any specific recommendations for photogs in that price range?

Thank you thank you thank you in advance! CAN"T WAIT to hear y'alls replies!

Re: Does Wedding Photog Exist for Under $1000?

• I HIGHLY recommed Chris Sherburne photography they are awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee and very reasonable they are doing my wedding in august and did my engagement pics as well pics for my friends check out their website http://dreamweddingsbychris.com/ tell them krista referred you

• Jesse Giles Photography has reasonable prices. She is shooting my wedding in June.
    http://www.jessegilesphotography.com/Pricing.html

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using infinitewordsphotography.com.  His work is awesome and his packages are very resonable. check out the pricing on the website. also if you don't see something in your budget he will work with you. thats what he did for us.
  • You are not going to find a true professional photographer for under $1000, as the costs of doing business as a photographer are far to high to charge that low of a rate and actually survive. However, for $1500-$2000 you should be able to find one of the following:

1. A talented new photographer (make sure you see wedding images!)
    2. A true professional photographer by way of reducing your coverage hours.
    3. A student photographer that has shot a few weddings already/assisted at weddings.

Whichever way you go, make sure they have shot weddings and have wedding images to show you. Just because someone takes good portraits does not mean that they will be a good wedding photographer.... wedding photography is a whole different ball game.
  • Wow, thank you guys so much! I'm going to check out all of their websites!
  • I  have heard good things about Kevin Segall, I got his information at the recent bridal show I attended. His price is 1700, he does a lot more for that amount than any other photog I looked into (engagement shots, wedding rehearsal shot, rehearsal dinner shots, all day of wedding as in doesn't charge for hourly packages) He also got a glowing recommendation from the Starbuck's barista that noticed my bride sticker. Good luck!
  • Check out Still Shooting Photography. She has awesome pictures(she is doing mine)If you happen to book be sure to mention my name Brandi :)
  • I went with Anne Axon Photography and loved the results. You can find her recent work on facebook.com: https://www.facebook.com/annaxonphotography
  • My wedding planner she has some packages in where she works with a photographer DJ and the Photobooth .. I'm doing my wedding with her and everything is $3,000  the photographer , photobooth for 4 hour, Dj , all the decoration ceremony and reception with beautiful centerpieces make unique for my wedding , all the floral (bouquets with fresh flowers) and the coordination of my wedding .. everything for $3000 she is amazing .. she is so talent and she have very good price for everything .. very good deals .. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards