Florida-Central Florida
Options

new and planning c:

So, I would first like to say im a aspiring wedding planner, and decided to start by planning my own wedding. I will be getting married on Jan 8-10 of 2015, havent picked downthe day yet. I'm definitely going to be on a major budget, but im not sure how to set it up, or execute it. I have the color scheme (blue/silver and b&w) and the style ofdress I want is like Maggie Sottero' s avery dress. I dont want to be married in a church, so any ideas of venues or how to pick one would be great.It'll be a winter themed wedding, but not christmasy. I really like.diy projects so those would be great too. thanks ahead of time for any helpc: ol
p.s. Our budget will be around 4500, with some wiggle room.

Re: new and planning c:

• Options
    Before you do much more planning, think about your guest list realistically.  You probably won't be able to host 250 people on a budget that's under 5k...so how many people are we talking about?  Fifteen?  Twenty Five?

From there, you can get an idea of what venues will work.  If a venue can house 30 guests, but you plan on inviting 50...it probably won't work.  Once you have a venue, you can figure out what you need to supply, and what isn't needed.  (For example, if the venue already has beautiful art on the walls, no need for decor there!)
  • Options
    TinaSweeneyTinaSweeney member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Try looking into Cypress Grove Park. You can get married at the gazebo for $300 and then rent out the cottage house for your reception at $95/hr. This is a great venue for 50 or less guests. If you have your reception at the Cottage, you can bring in your own caterer. I would recommend Publix catering dishes, because they're much cheaper than actual catering! Also note that you are provided with tables and chairs if you book the Cottage.

• Options
    I was thinking about 80 people max. We were also thinking about making our own food, but I don't know how that would work. Due to the higher number of guests, I don't think that the Cottage would work but it sounds great! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards