• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Budget and DIY Weddings

Rehearsal Dinner

So I am getting married in Savannah GA (a destination wedding) and keeping it small due to cost. I want to have a rehearsal so there isn't any confusion on the day of but cannot really afford to pay for everyone at a rehearsal dinner- I am trying to think of the best way to get around this. The best idea I have right now is try to schedule the rehearsal around 230 or so, so that it is not near a meal time. But the time they said is available is 5:30, so I'm not sure what to do if that is my only option.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• You can always have pizza, salad and soda. A rehearsal dinner does not equal multiple courses in a restaurant. Even frozen lasagnas would work.
    Anniversary
  • We are having a cookout with burgers and dogs and my wp is helping with sides. It's just a gathering, doesn't have to be super expensive :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can't "get around" this. If you are requiring people to attend a rehearsal then you must host a rehearsal dinner. It does NOT have to be expensive. Just order pizza or subs. Avoid alcohol and voila!
    We used the conference room in the hotel we were using, and they didn't even charge extra.
  • Scribe is correct.  If you are having a rehearsal then you must host something appropriate to the time of day.  At 5:30 that means dinner.  If you can't even afford a pizza hall or BBQ then don't have a rehearsal; they're often unnecessary.
  • We just went to Pizza Hut for our rehearsal dinner. It was inexpensive and everyone had a great time. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • You could also get sandwich trays from a local grocery store-there are ways to do this quite cheaply.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone- I think I will have it earlier in the day and look into something like sandwiches or pizza :)