Outdoor Weddings
Options

question about a runner under chairs

My partners sister is hosting our wedding and seems to have real concerns about having chairs sinking into the grass and ground as well as women's heels.

Now the guests are the only ones going to be on the grass.

She suggested the aisle runners but based on what I have read here they do not work because of bunching under the chair and then being uneven and a trip hazard

Am I right?
Is there something else that can be used? One suggesion was plywood but then I am thinking wow that is a huge expense as well and takes away from the look of the weddig even if we were to cover it in fabric

any suggestions welcom

Re: question about a runner under chairs

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about this. We didn't have any problems with chairs sinking, and as long as people know the wedding is going to be outside, the women will choose their footwear accordingly. If they are worried, they won't wear heels or they will get Solemates or something. If they are not worried, they will just throw caution to the wind. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I know some places rent dance floors for tent and they can make a floor for the entire tent.  Make sure the site you're putting the tent on is OK with that, but it's an option.  The plywood, while not visually appealing, can/will cause splinters to anyone who may want to take their shoes off (esp for dancing).

I wouldn't worry about it.  Unless it rained a lot leading up to your reception, the ground isn't going to be THAT soft.  Most people will wear shoes accordingly.  Put information on your wedding website and spread news through word of mouth that the reception will be outdoors under a tent.  You don't have to mention "so wear the right kind of shoes", guests will figure that part out.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards