Florida-South Florida

Key West Anyone??

Hello! I am fairly new to posting. I have popped on & off for awhile now, but I haven't really posted much.

We are planning on getting married in Key West. Ideally we would like to just get married & go back to our rental house/condo for a bbq afterward. We aren't anticipating a lot of guests, seems how we are from NWPA & his family is from Brooklyn, NY. I am hoping for as stress free as I can get. That is about as much as we have decided on.

I have seen things on Weddings to Go & Fort Zachary Taylor. I like the all inclusive-ness of Weddings to Go, but I have read some pretty negative reviews on them. Although they have a TON of great reviews too. I love the location of Fort Zachary Taylor. Has/Is anyone planning the same sort of thing or have/are you working with either of these 2?

Any suggestions, comments, concerns, hints, & tips would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
Bree

I have x-posted this :)
Where there is love there is life. - Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Key West Anyone??

• Hi Bree! Congratulations and yay for a KW Wedding! I am in the very early stages of planning my KW wedding. My difference is that we are doing both the ceremony and reception. I have done so much research and am completely overwhelmed. But I have heard good things about Ft. Zach and about Smather's beach. Depending on your budget - a few resorts do a ceremony only and don't require you to stay at their hotel. The Reach Resort has an amazing gazebo over the water for ceremonies. Just a thought! Happy Planning :)

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_key-west-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:32f0cf40-76ea-4382-adaf-fdda73ccf22cPost:3d7290ec-e581-4ea9-9869-ee5ad40a7f96">Key West Anyone??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I am fairly new to posting. I have popped on & off for awhile now, but I haven't really posted much. We are planning on getting married in Key West. Ideally we would like to just get married & go back to our rental house/condo for a bbq afterward. We aren't anticipating a lot of guests, seems how we are from NWPA & his family is from Brooklyn, NY. I am hoping for as stress free as I can get. That is about as much as we have decided on. I have seen things on Weddings to Go & Fort Zachary Taylor. I like the all inclusive-ness of Weddings to Go, but I have read some pretty negative reviews on them. Although they have a TON of great reviews too. I love the location of Fort Zachary Taylor. Has/Is anyone planning the same sort of thing or have/are you working with either of these 2? Any suggestions, comments, concerns, hints, & tips would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance, Bree I have x-posted this :)
    Posted by BreeBug77[/QUOTE]
  • I too am planning to get married in Key West! We were just there over the weekend and visited a few places. Fort Zach was one because of the beach, however, when we looked at the area they have ceremonies it wasn't very private. We went in the evening around the time a wedding would go on and there was people every, large groups having BBQ's, and kids playing on the beach like kids do. I'm not sure if they block most of it off if you rent their property but just letting you know what I saw. 

Try seeing if the Westin will allow u to have just the ceremony on their sunset key. Smathers beach was nice but not on the side of the island where the sunsets. The pier house resort (on the sunsetting side) has a small beach with beautiful water, white sand, and plam trees.

hope this helps!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_key-west-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:32f0cf40-76ea-4382-adaf-fdda73ccf22cPost:1d296db6-2004-45b2-a0d3-cece5cf8bb87">Re: Key West Anyone??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Bree! Congratulations and yay for a KW Wedding! I am in the very early stages of planning my KW wedding. My difference is that we are doing both the ceremony and reception. I have done so much research and am completely overwhelmed. But I have heard good things about Ft. Zach and about Smather's beach. Depending on your budget - a few resorts do a ceremony only and don't require you to stay at their hotel. The Reach Resort has an amazing gazebo over the water for ceremonies. Just a thought! Happy Planning :) n Response to Key West Anyone?? :
    Posted by kmber4[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards