Just Engaged and Proposals

Engagement Photo Nails

I'm getting my enegagement photos done soon and trying to decide how to do my nails in the shoot since my hand will be upclose in a lot of the pictures. I have very fair skin with pink undertones. Should I go with the traditional french or something more fun?

How did you ladies do you nails for your engagement photos?

Re: Engagement Photo Nails

• What do you normally do?  For me, I hate French.....I prefer solid colors, usually in muted tones.  
  • I think you should stick with whatever you normally do to your nails. I usually have some sort of solid colour in a shade that goes with the season, so that's what I plan on doing for my e-pics.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_engagement-photo-nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:a0223c56-00ff-471c-9f7a-12e6fbdcee9bPost:483bd2ce-9fea-451c-951b-ec997a857a22">Re: Engagement Photo Nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should stick with whatever you normally do to your nails. I usually have some sort of solid colour in a shade that goes with the season, so that's what I plan on doing for my e-pics.
    Posted by kristbot[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. I didn't do engagement pics, but if I had I'd probably just do my nails how I normally do them (that's how they were for the wedding, btw).
  • Go natural or whatever you typically do.  I never got my nails done nor did I paint them because I don't normally do that.  I filed them so the whites of my nails were somewhat even and shaped but nothing more than that.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • Do your nails however you normally do them. Your hand will not be the only thing in the engagement pics, so I wouldn't stress over it too much.

FWIW, I filed all of my nails to an even length and painted them with clear polish, since that's all I ever do when I want to dress them up. I hate the look of coloured polish and I wasn't about to get a french mani for a few casual pictures (I will for the wedding though). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I did kind of a pinky-rose color for e-photos, and white frosty for wedding day.
  • I kinda did what I normally do... I love red nail polish, and I usually put bling on both ring fingers, but I decided this time to only do one... It was fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards