Illinois-Chicago

Zed 451

Hey guys!!

Has anyone had a wedding and reception at 451? Is the place really hard to book and what are the prices like for a brunch wedding? I've searched and searched, but I haven't come across anyone's personal experiences aside from the people that have eaten there. I am interested in the rooftop for the ceremony also. Seriously considering this place..what are your thoughts?

Re: Zed 451

• I have eaten here several times and I have been to a large rehearsal dinner here and I was not a fan. The food took FOREVER.

I assume you know how the restaurant works. They bring the meats around to the tables and there is a veggie/ cheese/ soup station in the middle of the restaurant.

Well, they would bring the steak, everyone took a piece and ate it, 3-5 minutes later the chicken came around,  we ate our 2-3 peice of chicken and then began to wait again, then the lamb would come around. Well I dont like lamb so now I am waiting 6-8 minutes for next piece of meat. So in the mean time everyone is filling up on the veggie/ cheeses, which is not what we went to Zed for.

They advertise that all of this food comes out at once and their is constantly so much to choose from. But I have never found that to be the case. And some of the food never even made it to our table. (We went for brunch and were so excited about the chicken and waffles, they never came.)

Since the food took so long, the meal took forever. Almost 3 hours for the rehearsal dinner of 40 people. (and this was the for the rehearsal dinner and every time I have eaten there for dinner or brunch)

I will say that the food is pretty good and the rooftop has a beautiful view, but its expensive for what it is. And there is not much to eat if you are a vegetarian and nothing for a vegan.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I recently went to a wedding reception brunch here and it was absolutely delightful. Some of the best food I'd had at a wedding in a long time. It was a combination of the buffer items, items left on the table, and items making the rounds of the tables. The food was great and there was plenty of it. Also the place itself is gorgeous.  As a guest, again, I had a delightful experience.
  • In Response to Zed 451:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys!! Has anyone had a wedding and reception at 451? Is the place really hard to book and what are the prices like for a brunch wedding? I've searched and searched, but I haven't come across anyone's personal experiences aside from the people that have eaten there. I am interested in the rooftop for the ceremony also. Seriously considering this place..what are your thoughts?
    Posted by presto70[/QUOTE]
     I looked at them for an evening reception and cocktail hour for 100 and got a quote for 13K. Hope that helps/gives a general idea. I know they have a lot of private spaces and the time will affect it the most since you are basically paying for the money they would be out for the regular dinners.
  • I found this website yesterday of a couple who had their wedding there, totally gorgeous! -- http://modernlywed.com/2013/01/23/intimate-chicago-wedding-with-stunning-city-views/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards