Illinois-Chicago

How much do you charge a friend for being your photographer?

My friend has agreed to be the photographer for my wedding, she is not a professional photographer but has gone to school for this.  How much is acceptable to pay for these services?

Re: How much do you charge a friend for being your photographer?

• Hmm..I'm not sure! Maybe just be up front and ask what her expectations are? Or just give her a really nice tip?
  • If your friend has agreed to do this for your wedding, did she intend to have this be a gift or a service?  If she intended it to be a service, I'd ask her what her rate is so you can pay her and tip her accordingly.  She should give you a guideline of what she is expecting.  If she's intending this as a gift, perhaps she doesn't want you to pay her (maybe pay for her hotel room as a thank you gift or something like that, and offer to recommend her to others).  

• she cant charge more than $200....she isnt certified
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_how-much-do-you-charge-a-friend-for-being-your-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:a277c4b6-0540-4d8d-bb36-65bdc6c03a4cPost:436b78b3-6383-40f7-9662-c657f173858c">Re: How much do you charge a friend for being your photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]she cant charge more than $200....she isnt certified
    Posted by aquari0216[/QUOTE]

We had a friend do ours and she charged us $700 which was half of what she normally charges. They can charge what ever they want. I never heard of a photgrapher who is cerified...lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards