April 2013 Weddings

fresh ideas?

im posting on this board, not music, because I just keep reading the same 'ol comments on the music board and I'm hoping some of you have some fresh ideas!!
I'm looking for a father/daughter song that isn't cheesy, overplayed, or too "daddy little girl-ish".

This has been the hardest part!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: fresh ideas?

• Not sure it's super fresh, but I'm between "When You Need Me" by Bruce Springsteen and "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw.

• phoenix870509phoenix870509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    My dad and I are dancing to Turn Around: Kenny Loggins, but that might not be your cup of tea. At a sweet 16 the song FI's cousin and her dad danced to was Cinderella: Steven Curtis Chapman. Again that might be a little "little girlish" for you. A friend of mine danced with her father to Landslide: Fleetwood Mac at her wedding years ago. That's all I got. Hope this helps.
  • We decided on "You're My Best Friend" by Queen, but other contenders were:

"You've Got a Friend in Me" - Randy Newman
    "What a Wonderful World" - Louis Armstrong
    "In My Life" - The Beatles
    "Here Comes My Girl" - Tom Petty

Don't know if any of those are "fresh" but some thoughts!
  • I love Forever Young by Rod Stwart for parent dances!  I think we will probably play this and ask all parents to bring their children on the dance floor and dance with them to this song.
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• I had trouble with this too, I ended up decided on "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw because in the end I want the heartfelt emotion behind it.  My runner up was "My Girl," it's fun and upbeat :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • My daughters wedding day by Arthur Godfrey
  • Stay Gold by Stevie Wonder
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  Edwin McCain's  "Walk with you"

• My dad chose our song... It is something by Darius Rucker.

Is there a song that your dad would like to dance to? I was going to pick the song until I mentioned it to my dad one day and he put his foot down and said he was choosing lol.
  • I chose Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd for my dance with my step-father. He didn't raise me, so I didn't want any of those "daddy's little girl" songs. My father passed away a long time ago.
  • I am letting my dad choose the song. I wanted to do Jethro Tull because we always went to their concerts together but nothing is quite right. I like that their songs are a little upbeat, but they really put a damper on the mood if you actually listen to the lyrics.

We are going with something by Andy Williams, we used to listen to him on our drive up to NH for ski trips and my father is STILL in mourning over his death. He hasn't picked the song yet, but at least we have the artist.

Does you dad have a favorite song? Or something that is meaningful to the both of you? It doesn't have to be a slow song.
    Anniversary
  • How about "Isn't she lovely" by Stevie Wonder?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dad and I are going to dance to The Beatles - Two of Us. He introduced me to The Beatles, so it was a given we'd choose them, but it took us a long time to decide which song.  I didn't want any gushy love songs since it would sound/feel a little weird to dance to them with my dad. So even tho this song might be a little tricky to dance to because of the tempo, I really think the lyrics are fitting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • My dad and I are big Beatles fans... so we're either doing Two of Us or Here, There and Everywhere
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards