April 2013 Weddings

RSVP's

Is anyone else having trouble getting RSVP's sent back in?  I'm still waiting on 84.  We have only received 30.  Date I put on them is April 13.  Wedding is April 27th.  Yesterday on phone with Mom I told her I was worried about it & didn't want to have to call everyone she thought it was not necessary if someone did not send in by deadline.  But all the boards on here, articles, & suck I've read said you have to call everyone.  I collected addresses but not phone numbers.  

Re: RSVP's

• I am at 50% and the deadline has passed.
    The rsvp is crucial if you have a menu selection and assigned seating. I am doing a finger foods/buffet kind of thing without assigned seats. So for me it is a matter of getting enough chairs. But I have to give that count today so I just may not have enough chairs.
  • You still have 2 weeks so I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Do you have a deadline when you need to turn in your headcount?
  • edited March 2013
    My soft deadline was March 22nd. That's what was printed on the RSVP cards.
    My hard deadline is today. One person still can't tell me if him and his date are attending--said he'd let me know by tomorrow. Tomorrow is too late, buttface! I left them off the count--venues usually make a few extra plates just in case. Though I doubt they are coming...

One thing that planning a big party (like a wedding) shows you is how frequently people neglect to RSVP, and how rude that actually is.
  • Luckily it is a soft deadline.  We can add food up to day before because it is coming from local restaurant.  BBQ buffet.  No seating chart.  It is just stressing me out but don't know why.  
  • We are also getting married 4/27 and set our RSVP deadline for 3/25 because we needed final numbers for equipment rentals, florist, etc.  We only have about 4 more RSVPs to get but we started with 55 ?s at the deadline.  I gave FMIL, mom and FI a heads up to gently nudge the conversations with their friends to figure out whether they're coming or not ahead of time.  That way, they at least started thinking about it.  Once the deadline passed, I had FMIL, mom and FI call the people they invited and I called my people.
  • My deadline was Friday and I'm still missing about 28 rsvp's plus they each get to bring a guest. It's frustrating!
    I also had someone tell me they sent the rsvp back but I never got it so I'm not sure if the post office is losing them since they are smaller.
  • Our deadline was March 23rd and we hadn't received like 70 RSVPs. Some people had already sent their RSVPs in the mail, but many didn't bother or they were lost and they just hadn't contacted me yet. So between then and now we've working on contacting people. I sent emails, sent Facebook messages and FI's family called or visited family friends to get responses.

Even after those additional inquiries, several people chose to ignore us, so we marked them as a No. There were a couple Maybes and we are factoring them into the count (because we really want them to come). Luckily our caterer will let us give a head count now, and if it increases next week we can add more people. We just cannot lower it. We're at fewer people than we prepaid for, so it'll be fine. If people decide to show up last minute, they just won't get any food.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_rsvps-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:442188b3-d2ab-4434-9f9b-3fd04db05f5bPost:4ccabd32-fe44-4988-8612-87e627c70bdf">RSVP's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone else having trouble getting RSVP's sent back in?  I'm still waiting on 84.  We have only received 30.  Date I put on them is April 13.  Wedding is April 27th.  Yesterday on phone with Mom I told her I was worried about it & didn't want to have to call everyone she thought it was not necessary if someone did not send in by deadline.  But all the boards on here, articles, & suck I've read said you have to call everyone.  I collected addresses but not phone numbers.  
    Posted by HeatherSP13[/QUOTE]

Try not to freak out just yet. I am also an April 27th bride and am waiting on 102 responses, and our deadline is next Friday. We have gotten probably 20 in the past week, so I'm thinking people are just waiting until last minute. At about a week or so out, I would start getting in touch with people.
  • I too am an April 27 bride. Deadline for RSVPing of the 6th of April. We have barely half of our RSVPs in. I never realized how important prompt RSVPs were until I started waiting anxiously for responses. I'm getting ready to do some gentle social networking/email nudging before I resort to phonecalls.
  • Geesh I must be lucky.  I got all of mine back on time!!
  • I'm also getting married on the 27th, and our RSVP deadline is today-- April 1. i'm stil waiting on roughly 30 RSVPs.  our hard deadline for catering and seating is the 15th.  i definetly need that time to track down food selections... i have some guests that have told me they are probably not coming due to travel but still didn't send back the RSVP... at this point i'm coutning them out until i get the official RSVP back!  i hear ya, it's frustrating!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards