April 2013 Weddings

I need to vent somewhere

So this weekend is supposed to be the most awesome weekend of our lives, and so many crappy things keep happening. We realized we lost the handkerchief given to me from his deceased grandmom, my husband is now sick again with stomach problems and stuck in bed all day, and I realized when I was clearing the memory card on the wedding day to make room I deleted all of the photos I took at the rehearsal dinner, including the ones of us signing the marriage license. Last night his family kept ragging on the photographer, the DJ, and his sister said the reception reminded her of a basement frat party with all the dancing. We don't leave for our HM til next Tuesday and I have finals this week. I knew it would be a tough week with finals but didn't expect all this other crap to happen. I'm already upset about me not feeling well during the reception and its hard to stay positive when I keep hearing negative things. I'm still SOOO happy every time I think about the fact that were married but its hard to keep brushing off sihtty things that keep happening right now...
158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I need to vent somewhere

• Dont worry about what they have to say. In the long run, your not going to remember what they were doing or said. Your going to remember all the good things and moments you and your husband had on your wedding day. Its over, so the only thing you can do is just say, "it made US happy" :)

Good luck on finals! :)
  • Ugh that all sucks :( I'm sorry! Good luck on your finals this week, and hope your husband is feeling better soon! Try not to let the negatives get you down (I know, it's easier said than done). Hang in there! Soon you'll be on your honeymoon!!
  • Sorry :( Good Luck on finals! As for his sister, I would ignore her. Weren't they giving you problems before? If there was a lot of dancing, honestly, that sounds like that would be a fun wedding where people had fun because they were dancing! At least you and your hubby didn't feel well now, instead of on the honeymoon, so you can really enjoy that!

And I think it's total BS about your wedding being the happiest day of your life. Hells no! I was beyond stressed and irked things went wrong that I spent a lot of money and time organizing. Not a beyond happy day. Was I happy I married my man? Yes! But I've had happier days and will have even happier in the future. It's the wedding industry that puts this pressure for it to be a perfect day so that you feel like you can't express your emotions if you got irked or things went wrong. Ok, vent off. lol And as time goes on, and you get further away from the wedding and see pictures, you will have happier memories!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards