April 2013 Weddings

So upset

Hi ladies, ok so yesterday at work we were informed that our department at work is being eliminated. They think we will have until at least August before we are let go.... But I'm just so upset. Everyone keeps telling me to chill and not think about it until after the wedding, which is, 4/13/13, but man that's easier said than done.
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: So upset

• Oh man, I'm sorry. I'm currently unemployed and definitely understand how stressful it can be.

Anniversary
  • Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear that :( I can't imagine how difficult that must be to deal with right now. I know it's hard, but try to not worry about it too much until after the wedding: focus on the positives in your life right now!!
  • Take a deep breath, it will be okay. I would take a day before the wedding to update your resume and get an idea of the jobs you want to apply for. Then I would focus on the wedding and when it is over start looking for jobs. You said they THINK you have until August, I would rather be prepared for anything. I am very sorry and good luck.
  • I know how you feel, I have to lose my job when we get married b/c we actually want to live with each other.  I haven't found a full time job yet but I've had a few nibbles.  Be patient and be happy that they gave you some time to prepare for it.  Like PPs said, give the wedding your attention right now and when everything settles from that and your honeymoon, if you're taking one, be ready to hit the job market hard.  Good luck and we'll be here for you!
  • You still have a few months. Just work your hardest, and maybe they can find a spot for you in a different department. I'd still do what vk suggested and update your resume and take a look and see what's posted for jobs. Maybe there's something else you wanted to get into? Your wedding is only in 2 weeks, so try not to stress about it. You have enough on your plate now. Wait until after the wedding to start going gung-ho on the job search. If you know for a fact they won't be keeping you in another department, start searching right after the wedding and sending in your resume. 

Good luck! 
    Anniversary
  • Thank you girls so much!! I love this board so much. We really are so close and supportive, you guys are awesome. So word is we for sure have until 5/31... They're still saying August for my group.. But that is not for sure. So I'm gonna try to let it go.... Not stress, marry the love of my life, and enter the job market with a bang after the honeymoon. Thanks again ladies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I am sorry!  What crappy timing.  Glad you are feeling better about it, let it go!  You will find something else for sure :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards