Louisiana-New Orleans

NOLA Wedding Planner Needed

We are getting married in October 2013 and we hope to have a small destination wedding in New Orleans.  We want a park setting with very few people.  For the reception, we would likely just need a reservation at a nice restaurant afterwards with a small cake delivered.  We want our wedding to be intimate and elegant, but lively and fun.  Because we want something on such a small scale, we are having dificulty finding a planner that is interested.  Does anyone recommend anyone that would be dependable and interested in this?  All help is very appreciated.

Re: NOLA Wedding Planner Needed

• I used Carolyn Arthurs at All About Events and she was fantastic, but also love Lu who I met on this board while planning our wedding.  She runs Weddings by Lulu. 
  • Thank you!  Neither of us have ever been, so we will definitely need some help.  I appreciate the recommendation! :)
  • derksenrileyderksenriley member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I used Weddings by Lulu and would also definitely recommend her.  We had limited needs and she was willing to work with us even though we didn't need a whole weekend package or month-of planning.  We are local but got married right after the holidays so she really helped with taking care of things when we were both out of town for Christmas. She was very communicative and open about what she could do.  It helped that our wedding was on a Sunday, as she does get booked up (and actually did already have our date booked but the couple canceled). If you have some flexibility in your date I'd say a Sunday wedding is worth thinking about because then everyone (including you) can enjoy the whole weekend preceding the wedding.  Friday weddings, same idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards