Louisiana-New Orleans

Taravella Manor Review - 4/20/13

From the very moment we set foot through the doors of Taravella Manor it was everything we hoped it would be. We had A LOT of trouble finding a beautiful venue that was reasonably priced. I actually heard about this place at a dinner party where one of the guests was going to be married there within two weeks. My fiancé and I made an appointment (which wasn’t necessary because they’re always open) and went for a visit. Right away we were in love. The owners and the manager were an absolute dream to work with. They basically act as wedding coordinators. We were married in the courtyard garden (which is small – perfect for 150-200 guests – but beautiful). It’s lighted at night. Seating is bench seating just like in a park. There is a small room with a mantle and a large gilded floor length mirror just off of the reception area where the bride can get ready and wait for the ceremony to begin, and where formal pictures can be taken. This was perfect for us as my groom was very adamant about not seeing me before the ceremony. ALL of the food is prepared fresh at the venue…and it is all delicious. And all of the leftover food goes home with the bride and groom and their family members. Not only did I and my groom have personal attendants who never let our glasses get more than half empty, but they attended to our parents as well. Anything we asked for was done. There was reserved seating for the bridal party and our immediate family members. As for the price Taravella Manor can’t be beat. One of the main reasons we booked the venue were the beautiful chandeliers in the reception area. This venue has ceilings which have to be 15 feet tall. There are at least 10 chandeliers which do not have even one single speck of dust on them. This place is immaculate! I didn’t have to decorate a thing because all I had to do was bring our decorations to the venue during the week before the wedding and they were set up just as I had expected. I can’t express how pleased we are. Kyle, Hans, and Erica, I’m really sad that our wedding is over, but I’ll always know that it wouldn’t have been so perfect if it weren’t for all of you and for Taravella Manor. I’ll recommend you 150% of the time. If we ever review our vows we will book Taravella Manor.

Re: Taravella Manor Review - 4/20/13

• I'm getting married here November 2nd. I loved it from the moment I walked in, and I agree; everyone there is a dream to work with so far! You can't beat the price. It's also pretty. I do have a question, though. I've hear in the garden sometimes it's hard to hear the vows, etc. Have you heard anything like this?
  • In Response to Re: Taravella Manor Review - 4/20/13:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married here November 2nd. I loved it from the moment I walked in, and I agree; everyone there is a dream to work with so far! You can't beat the price. It's also pretty. I do have a question, though. I've hear in the garden sometimes it's hard to hear the vows, etc. Have you heard anything like this?
    Posted by mlsoileau[/QUOTE]

That was the only complaint that I heard from guests. Everyone sitting toward the back of the garden said that they had a hard time hearing the preacher. Our preacher does. a lot of weddings and he knows how to speak loudly. But he wasn't wearing a microphone so a lot of people didn't get to hear him. I would suggest asking the DJ (if you're using their DJ) if he has a microphone that he can wear. That was my ONLY complaint. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards