Michigan-Detroit

Bolero for wedding dress

I'd like to get a bolero for my wedding dress. Unfortunately my dress does not come with one. Where do they have a lot of boleros to choose from?

Re: Bolero for wedding dress

• Welcome to the Detroit board!

To be honest, I haven't seen any posts about this on our board. However, if you post this on the Attire and Accessories board, you may get a reply.

Also, it's possible to search at the bottom of each board for similar topics, so you can see prior posts about the same subject.

I just went to the Attire & Accessory board and searched for "Bolero". There are over 8 pages of similar posts. Link here:
    http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories?plckForumPage=ForumSearchSpecificForumPaginate&plckSearchText=bolero&plckForumId=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15&plckCurrentPage=0

In all the shopping before my wedding, the only place I saw a bolero was at Alessandra's Bridal in Warren on Hoover north of 12 Mile. (In case you want to try one on instead of ordering online)
  • I bought a bolero on ebay and am very happy with it.  Couldn't find one locally with a reasonable price.
  • Call around to bridal salons to see if they have any "discontinued" or "sample" boleros.  I just happened upon one last Saturday for 50% off at Birmingham Couture since it was discontinued. 

It is not a cheap place but everything is less expensive when they are running their sales, which might be the case for April. And you can try it on to make sure it looks good with your dress. 

I tried on a shrug at first and it was not a good match for the style.  Then she pulled a beautiful sheer and lace bolero out of the back with a bit of bling and let me try it on with the dress. 

It was perfect!!Laughing  And it worked perfectly for the requirement of "no strapless" at our church.  I'm glad I got to try on a couple before deciding.  Good luck.
  • Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013

If you're okay shopping online.. .

www.sunfashioncanada.com

I've had great experiences ordering from them.  Order up though.  I normally wear a medium top and I had to order an XL bolero.  

• I got my bolero from etsy.com and couldn't have been happier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards