Michigan-Detroit
Options

Looking for local seamstress/dressmaker

I am strongly considering getting my dress custom-made. It is something I have researched and am feeling more confident about by the minute. I feel like I might prefer to go with a local business vs. ordering through Etsy, another state, country, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as a reputable dressmaker in Michigan? I live in the Lansing area, but will travel to meet with someone. I also travel to the Detroit area quite often as my family lives in the metro-Detroit area. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Re: Looking for local seamstress/dressmaker

• Options
    Jules Joyner in St Clair Shores did my alterations... took my dress in about 5 sizes and it fits like a glove.  She is such a perfectionist, I can only imagine how lovely her custom gowns are.  (She custom makes gowns too.. or you can like bring in half your mom's dress and incorporate it with a modern style.. etc)  I haven't been able to find many public reviews on her, but she's been in business for a long time I think and the comments and pics on her facebook showed me she did an excellent job, I'd certainly highly recommend her based on my experience!
  • Options
    I've actually found her previously in a Google search. Thanks for the recommendation, I just emailed her-- thank you so much!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_looking-for-local-seamstressdressmaker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:ae3b4b28-7387-489f-bf8e-23714fb42047Post:401c0b9e-1520-47b8-954d-5487b37b5614">Re: Looking for local seamstress/dressmaker</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jules Joyner in St Clair Shores did my alterations... took my dress in about 5 sizes and it fits like a glove.  She is such a perfectionist, I can only imagine how lovely her custom gowns are.  (She custom makes gowns too.. or you can like bring in half your mom's dress and incorporate it with a modern style.. etc)  I haven't been able to find many public reviews on her, but she's been in business for a long time I think and the comments and pics on her facebook showed me she did an excellent job, I'd certainly highly recommend her based on my experience!
    Posted by alyde[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards