Michigan-Detroit
Options

Introduction and Affordable Videographer?

Hi Ladies!

My name is Tracy and I got engaged last weekend (April 13)!  So excited to begin the fun and stress that is involved with planning a wedding!! My FI and I are looking into venues and planning a June/July 2014 wedding in Macomb County.  I'm a teacher, so I can't even imagine trying to have a wedding during the school year. 

As we're trying to nail down a venue/church, I began looking at photographers and videographers.  I want a videographer to capture the day, since I hear it goes by really fast, but it is not in my budget to pay thousands of dollars!  Do you guys have any good recommendations for reasonably priced (under $1,500) videographers?  I read through some of the comments on the recommended vendors thread, but found it to be a bit overwhelming.  Thanks, ladies!!

Re: Introduction and Affordable Videographer?

• Options
    Tracy, I don't have any recommendations, but welcome to the board.

Also, just my "old lady safety hat", but I've seen others recommend that people not use their real names as their Knot name. Simply for you safety, but up to you if you don't want to change it.

Looking forward to hearing all your details. If you go to the top of this board, there is a push pin permanent post called "Vendors"......brides have put their vendors, prices and reviews in there over the years.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!  I just got engaged on April 8th!  Congrats!  I wish I had the patience to wait until next spring/summer to have our wedding.  A couple of my friends have used Swensens or gone through their photog for the video.  Good luck on your planning! 
  • Options
    I 2nd Sue's advice about the screenname..

As far as videographers, I did not personally hire one but I know that quite a few companies offer multiple services with discounts for "bundling" which might be a good option for you. For example my DJ service, Elite Entertainment, also offers photographers, videographers and photobooths. The more services you book with them, the deeper the discount. I believe Mike Staff does as well. There are probably more, I just don't know them.

Good luck and welcome! :)
    June 16, 2012
  • Options

J & E Fusion! - they do both video and photography. We paid $750 for ours, that is with a 25% discount for booking them both together.

• Options
    We bundled with Mike Staff for video & DJ and I think it was around $2300 for both (video was maybe $1300, DJ was right around $1000). Video was worth it, I was not overly impressed with their DJ services. If you just do video on its own, I'm not sure how much it goes up.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_introduction-and-affordable-videographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:b8809c35-d9e3-4e16-825e-73ff2bce5942Post:ff83e743-1b97-4ffc-878c-83fa63a5bb23">Re: Introduction and Affordable Videographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We bundled with Mike Staff for video & DJ and I think it was around $2300 for both (video was maybe $1300, DJ was right around $1000). Video was worth it, I was not overly impressed with their DJ services. If you just do video on its own, I'm not sure how much it goes up.
    Posted by Meegles4[/QUOTE]
    We're doing the Mike Staff bundle as well.  The pricing was good to get both.  Who was your DJ from there?  I hear that it depends on who you get since they have so many.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm probably booking Something Blue Studios. Found them on craigslist, love their work, and I'm paying 700 for the whole day. Worth looking into it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_introduction-and-affordable-videographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:b8809c35-d9e3-4e16-825e-73ff2bce5942Post:c61adee5-6f53-4918-ba70-f3ee8b2b55de">Re: Introduction and Affordable Videographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Introduction and Affordable Videographer? : We're doing the Mike Staff bundle as well.  The pricing was good to get both.  Who was your DJ from there?  I hear that it depends on who you get since they have so many.  Thanks!
    Posted by zantster[/QUOTE]

It does depend on who you get...we've been to other weddings with great MS DJs. And to be fair, as a DJ, ours (Randy) was good. He kept the dance floor busy, played what we wanted, etc. But, our first dance song was incorrectly played. He said there was a technical glitch, and he did make it right by playing it for us after the other special dances, but at the time it was highly frustrating and even a year later, I get miffed when I think about it. I do think I could've gotten a more affordable DJ somewhere else that likely would've been just as good.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards