Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Wedding update

So far, we booked the Reception Venue at Holiday Inn Airport for under $7000!
 Unfornately, we have to wait till April to book Heinz Chapel - hopefully we get the 2:30 time slot! Anyone have any tips

Also, I am super excited that my friend, couture designer, Pam Ptak (project runway season 7) has agreed to make my wedding dress for a one of a kind design!

Next up to plan: we need to find a Limo that is fairly inexpensive ($700 or less) for our party of 14-16 to take us from the hotel to Heinz and then back to the hotel. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, anyone have any idea of a good rehearsal dinner location? We are huge craft beer fans- so were thinking Penn Brewery. Any other suggestions?

Sealed thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding update

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the venue selection! As for heinz chapel, I think being flexible, having multiple people calling for you, and maybe having someone on an internal pitt line helps (but an HC bride will know better than me). 

And that's awesome that you will have a completely original dress :)

We're getting a 10 person limo from a tortorice limo for less than your quoted price.  I'm guessing that for 14-16, they will come in just at your price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! How long are you renting your limo for? I will send them an email.

Do you know of any good(non-cheesy) djs for under $900?

Thank you! I cant wait to get started on the dress designing! I will def post pictures :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Andy Hutelmyer. I have "seen" his work, we're paying $775.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ (Craig Lawrence) has great reviews and was recommended by a friend...$820/5hrs.

we have the limo for 4 hours i think?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I called Tortice as well (I have 16 total people) and they quoted me $995 for a limo bus, and $1089 for a hummer. They both fit 20 at most, and the guy I talked to said that if we had any smaller (16 people bus exactly for example) we would be crushed and sitting on laps. He also said they would beat anyone else's price if someone had a lower cost.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ShleeASTShleeAST member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Shamrock Limo and got a 24 passenger limo bus for $725!! They were great!
  • Options
    ShleeASTShleeAST member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll recommend our DJ (DJ Tom Barns aka DJ Tooth) We got him from 6pm-1am for $800

Visit his website at www.djtooth.com
  • Options
    Britt0412Britt0412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Heinz Chapel, and mdphd basically covered it.I had about 8 people calling for us. I put together an information sheet for each of them that included the phone number, exactly when to begin calling, a ranked list of our priority dates and times, and all of the info they will need if they get through (bride and groom full contact info, Pitt affiliation), and the easiest ways to notify us if they got through. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the help! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards