Massachusetts-Boston

Budget/rustic setting venue

I am hitting a wall with searching for venues.
We are looking for a rustic/scenic reception venue in MA (preferably central) that doesn't break the bank but is a bit more than a campsite. I is looking like our guest list will be round 130. I have looked at all ten popular and beautiful places like Zukas and warren conference center but it seems like they are both over our budget. I would like to stay under 9,000 for the reception. The idea of paying somewhere 5,000 just for the space is not sitting well with me but it seems like the only option aside from that is getting married in a backyard or campsite. Is there anywhere in between ?

Thank you!!

Re: Budget/rustic setting venue

• The Old Mill in Westminster would work for you perfectly and there are hotels in the area for your guests should they wnat to spend the night.. Just over the NH line you have the Woodbound Inn in Rindge and The Shattuck in Jaffrey if you want to venture out that far.
  • Hi, when I was looking for wedding venues I toured Harrington Farm in Princeton, MA. They might be in your budget and offer some inclusive wedding packages.  They are a cute rustic space that would accomadate 70 people nicely. I wrote a review on my blog and included pricing if you want to take a look: http://anewenglandwedding.blogspot.com/2012/12/ma-wedding-venue-harrington-farm.html. Hope that helps!
    Check out my wedding blog for great New England venues! http://anewenglandwedding.blogspot.com/
  • LB&SFLB&SF member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I've never actually been here but have you tried Camp Kiwanee in Hanson?
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Harrington Farm is beautiful, but one of the most expensive venues in the area
  • We're booked at Blissful Meadows in Uxbridge. Its cheap compared to all other rustic venues we looked at in the area! (Including Zukas & Harrington Farm) The reception is in a restored barn with big open beams & high ceiling. The wedding coordinator is a dream to work with!!
    Hope this helps! Good luck with your search!
  • Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I agree it's not exactly budget, but if you like Zukas look a little more into their pricing. It's significantly less than 5,000 to rent even on summer Saturdays. If you go off day or off season, it goes even lower. Other than that I'd check Harrington Farms like pp said, or Publick House. There's also Mt. Wachusett ski area; not sure about their pricing scheme but I've heard it's quite reasonable. EditHarrington farms is definitely expensive, but apparently they will negotiate and give deals on morning slots and unbooked prime dates.
  • Not central Mass, but I'm getting married at the Smith Barn in Peabody. Rental rates for the barn are $1750 Monday-Thursday, $3000 Friday or Sunday, and $3500 for Saturday and the rates just include the space. (I booked a year ago, so not sure if rates have changed.) My wedding is on Memorial Day, so we got weekday pricing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_budgetrustic-setting-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:93f34d8f-23a1-49ec-a7c6-c18fee80024dPost:90c0e093-cd39-4a55-8353-efee8b2b2173">Budget/rustic setting venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am hitting a wall with searching for venues. We are looking for a rustic/scenic reception venue in MA (preferably central) that doesn't break the bank but is a bit more than a campsite. I is looking like our guest list will be round 130. I have looked at all ten popular and beautiful places like Zukas and warren conference center but it seems like they are both over our budget. I would like to stay under 9,000 for the reception. The idea of paying somewhere 5,000 just for the space is not sitting well with me but it seems like the only option aside from that is getting married in a backyard or campsite. Is there anywhere in between ? Thank you!!
    Posted by Jbaldiga[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Old Sturbridge Village -  beautiful, rustic and probably in budget. When I looked, rental for the entire property as under 2K. That gives you a good amount remaining for everything else.</div>
  • I just looked at the Old Mill's website, it looks like their prices start at $24 per person and I'm not seeing a room rental fee listed
  • You could look at the Wachusett Village Inn in Westminster.  VERY reasonable wedding packages that include just about everything from the champagne toast to the wedding cake.  

They have both a cathedral room and a large heated tent.  Lovely grounds, discount on overnight rooms, etc.
    Visit The Knot!
  • llberullberu member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I am getting married at Camp Kiwanee. I too looked at ALL of the places mentioned in this post and either couldn't make them work with my budget or didn't like them. Camp Kiwanee is amazing. I know they still had a few dated for Oct 2014 left but it books up fast.
  • I know it isn't really central but look into Smolak Farms NW of Boston. Its charming!
  • Do you want to keep your entire reception under 9k or the fee for the hall?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards