Massachusetts-Boston

Cake

Cake is one of my important parts of the wedding but I only care about how it taste. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the best tasting cakes. I feel like all the wedding cake reviews are about look and taste but I want to be sure I get the best taste I can for my money. We are getting married in October in Rockport, ma if that matters. I would appreciate any advice. Laughing

Re: Cake

• I would reccommend konditor Meister.  I wish my venue allowed us to go anywhere, and I would chose KM, but I am bummed we cant! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used Konditer Meister, and the cake was wonderful.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I would recommend Montillio's over Konditor Meister. 

I had tastings at both bakeries and Montillios's was, by far, the best tasting cake.  The tastings are free, so try them both.  They both have a location in Braintree.

At Montilios, you will actually meet with a cake decorator who is very knowledgale and is willing to make suggestions.  At Konditor Meister we met with a 20 year old who threw a plate of cake slices in front of us and took off for about 20 minutes.  The cake did not taste good and the fillings were very heavy.  I actually got sick after that tasting.
  • Topsfield Bakery in Topsfield Mass (Mary is the baker and owner) I got married in Gloucester and they did an amazing job and it was delicious. Pricing was around $5 a slice (we didn't have anything too crazy) and they let us have two flavors
  • We are using Jenny Cakes! Amazing tasting and looking cakes. She is based out of Amesbury but delivers to your venue area. We are getting married in Gloucester and the delivery fee was around 65
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards