Wedding Etiquette Forum

First Look

We are doing a first look, however I am wondering if my dress should be bustled at this point or the train dragging? Any idea?

Re: First Look

• Where is your first look? What kind of shots are you wanting to do? If your ceremony is indoors, but your pictures are out on grass, I'd probably bustle since I wouldn't want to risk grass stains before the ceremony. If you want dramatic train first look shots, don't bustle, if you want ones where your FI can stand right behind you, bustle. I don't think it's a one-size-fits-all situation.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • First look outside, ceremony outside too.  didn't thnk of it getting dirt, that'sa good point
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-look-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9ece7908-6675-4e37-bbe4-7070ac45d4e1Post:ca507331-c1a3-43c1-9cbf-4f5e1fc272ca">Re: First Look</a>:
    [QUOTE]First look outside, ceremony outside too.  didn't thnk of it getting dirt, that'sa good point
    Posted by LizzyRB[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the grass stain thing happened to one of my friends (since she left her train down) and while it's not awful, you can definitely tell it's dirty, especially on their white aisle runner. It bothers her to no end (though I doubt it does to anyone else flipping through ceremony pics).
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • How complicated is the bustle? Could you bustle it then when you want to take a couple pictures in the same location, let it out while you stand mostly still? That may be more complicated than you would like, but if you have an awesome train, you might want some good pictures.
  • Yea the bustle is just a hook, easy on and easy off
  • I left mine down but made sure to start on concrete surfaces until a few pics after. I also had my moh outside with my to help carry my train after our official first look photo op. I think it's preference how easy it is to bustle. I also didn't want the train to wrinkle by bustling before the ceremony.

• I left mine down, but I carried the train when we walked around to keep it as clean as possible.  My bustle was easy enough that I could have bustled it, but we 'fluffed' the train out in almost every picture, so I wanted to leave it down.
    Anniversary
  • I did not bustle my dress during the First Look pictures, though I did pick up and carry my dress anytime we walked anywhere. 
  • Depends on the fabric of your dress.  Mine wrinkled very easily so I did not bustle it.  I had my MOH walk with me to the first look location while helping to carry my train, then she left so H and I could have our private moment.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards