Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Brain fart.

Help me. My brain has teh dumbs.

We've already sent out invitations for the wedding, but not for the bridal shower my mom is throwing me. Now I realize it's poor etiquette for me to be involved with the planning, and I wasn't going to be originally. But with all that's happened... I feel like I need to step up and help my mom out. This shower is more important to her than it is to me, for whatever reason.

So someone verbally responded to a wedding invitation, saying she didn't think she would be able to come (with her husband and two daughters) because she would be out of town for work. 

Would it be poor etiquette to invite her to the bridal shower anyway, knowing she probably won't make it to the wedding? Also, please don't hate me for doing stuff for this shower. I know it's a total *~special snowflake~* thing but this stupid party has to happen for the sake of my mother's happiness and I'm gonna do it what it takes come hell or high water. 

Re: Brain fart.

• Options
    MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I dont think so . I think they can be invited to the shower as long as they are invited to the wedding.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    Of course she can be invited to the shower. Even if she can't make the wedding, she has still been invited.
  • Options
    Yes, I'd still invite her to the shower if you were going to originally.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_brain-fart?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d297f831-67c5-4942-9b38-1ccea86a40b9Post:b30d1fd4-48e5-4ddf-82d7-1115932219cc">Re:Brain fart.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are SO going to Knot hell. jk. I think it's fine.
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

<div>It can't be worse than preschooler hell, which is two and a half hours of Bubble Guppies on a rainy day.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_brain-fart?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d297f831-67c5-4942-9b38-1ccea86a40b9Post:5a9dbc27-6423-4c25-a5f3-8942bdef248c">Re: Brain fart.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>You are over thinking it.</strong>  You invited her to the wedding, so I see no reason why you shouldnt invite her to the shower
    Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

<div>This has been the theme of my week. I'm thinking so much that I can't think right. My brain hurts and I'm pretty sure it's about to start leaking out of my ears. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_brain-fart?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d297f831-67c5-4942-9b38-1ccea86a40b9Post:09c82b35-f8b7-4842-9b5f-171972ea96d1">Re:Brain fart.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Brain fart.: If you drink, it sounds like you need a bottle of wine. If not, a massage.
    Posted by tarradesign[/QUOTE]

<div>IF I drink? Clearly we've not met. LMAO my second son will have the middle name "Jameson", partly to honor the many men named "James" in our lives, and partly because it's a damn fine whiskey.</div><div>
    </div><div>Yes, I think booze and massages sound like a good idea!</div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards