New Jersey

Gown Shopping !! Suggestions needed for Northern Jersey

Hi all - I am currently looking for some suggestions to gown shop in Northern NJ. I currently have 1 appt at 1130am at Park Avenue Bridal in Verona NJ, and would like to add 1-2 more appointments. I live in Hoboken, so anything in the Hudson and Bergen County areas would be ideal. Thanks so much for the help! (If it matters, my budget it ~3k for dress)

Re: Gown Shopping !! Suggestions needed for Northern Jersey

• I hear that I Do I Do in Morristown is great!  There actually is a little bridal shop in hoboken.  I believe its called Ally's Bridal and Tuxedo.  I drive past it all the time when I'm in hoboken.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last Saturday I went to Jaehee Bridal in Englewood and had a great experience! I've booked another appointment at Bijou Bridal on Route 17 in Paramus but I'm pretty sure I've already found "the dress" at Jaehee. Both are located in Bergen County, about 25 minutes away from each other.
  • I just ordered my dress from castle couture in Marlboro. Michelle was my consultant and she was amazing. I had a great experience
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • I bought my dress at Bijou Bridal. I loved it there! The people were super helpful and very patient
  • I just had my first appointment at East West Bridals in Secaucus about 2 weeks ago. The staff was great and they had a wide variety of dresses to try on. I was really pleased with my experience and can't say enough good things about them. While I found a dress that I love and was well below my max budget, there was absolutely no pressure to buy a gown right away. The consultant I worked with actually encouraged me to come back at a later date to try on the dress again before purchasing it. If you're looking to do multiple appointments within a day, budget about 90 minutes for the appointment plus travel time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • vazquejavazqueja member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    I bought my gown at Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth. (Union County). They were sooo nice and I was pleased with their services. They had Maggie Sotero and Casablanca dresses. A couple of other one's to but those were the two brands I wanted to try on. My budget was also $3,000. But I def got a dress way below budget! and alterations are included!
  • I ordered my gown from I Do I Do in Morristown. So far I've had a great experience with them (my dress will be delivered in June so I cannot speak for alterations yet.) They do not pressure you to buy and they also take pictures of you in the dresses and email them to you later that day. I went there on my first day shopping and ended up coming back a week later to purchase a dress.
  • I second Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth. It's a nice little shop, the ladies there are great, and there's no pressure to buy anything right away. You also get the bridal room all to yourself to try on, as opposed to trying on in front of other groups - not a big deal, but I thought it was a nice touch.
  • I also got my dress at Jaehee. There is a bridal shop in Jersey City. There is another one in Bayonne. Also, Bijou as others have mentioned in Paramus. Castle Couture has a lot of dresses so they are worth the trip! I have also been to: Elizabeth John in Morristown Exquisite in Millburn A bridal shop in Red Bank forget the name In the city: Wedding Atelier Pronovias Kleinfeld RK Bridal you kind of help yourself
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thirding Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth. I've had a really great experience there and love that alterations (except bustle) are included. 

• I bought my dress from Park Avenue and this is my second time working with them. Love them. I am going to order my bm dresses from Hollywood bridal because alterations are included if I had known more about them I might have looked there for my wedding dress because I bought a Maggie Sottero. I have had great experiences at both places.
  • I bought my dress at Bijou Bridal on Rt. 17 in Paramus. My entire experience from finding the dress to alterations was wonderful. I also really liked that they will hold on to your dress until the week of your wedding. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I got mine at jaehee in englewood and had a great experience... Would definitely recommend checking them out
    Joanna
  • I also got my dress at Hollywood Bridal. They were very nice and my consultant Cynthia knew exactly which dress was right for me. For me, the best part was that they only do one bridal consult at a time and you have the whole room in the back to yourself. Good luck!
  • I also purchased my dress at Jaeheed Bridal in Englewood. They have a great selection and are very helpful.

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I do I do in morristown is the best bridal experience I have had... however, Jon's bridal by suzane in Allentown PA has almost every allure gown imaginable. I actually called all over nj and pa looking for a specific allure gown and no one had it except jons bridal by suzane. Suzane really knows her stuff and really helped me out with veils and everything. She was great! They have amazing prices too. Well worth the drive to pa if you think you may be an allure bride.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi, I've said this before in a few other posts about dresses. I got my dress at Something Special In Allendale and love them there. They work with you one on one and have a great seletion at any budget. I acutally found my dress cheaper than what my budget was. I would have gotten my BM dresses there too, but I decided on a dress they didn't have. I went to Park Ave for my first dress shopping experiece and I can't say it was anything special. It was right after hurricane Sandy, so they were without power in parts of the store, etc. Also, tried Jaehee and Bijou. Personally, I liked Jaehee better than Bijou. Good Luck!
  • I also recommend I Do, I Do in Morristown.  It's not too far from Hoboken.  My sister got married last year, and she got her dress there.  They keep dresses within a reasonable price range, and they really listen to what you want.  I am getting married next April, and I ordered my dress from I Do, I Do too because my sister had such a great experience there.

If possible, I would try to go on a weekday because you will have more time for your appointment.   Weekends get busy, so you might be limited to an hour or two.  I went on a weekday night, and I was the only person there, so I got a lot of attention and time from the consultants.
  • I second  Bijou Bridal on Rt. 17 in Paramus. They have a great dress selection, though a bit expensive. Another place I would check out is Michael Wade Bridal in Garfield. They have a limited but very nice dress selection for brides and bridesmaids and flower girls, and it looks like they're having a sale this weekend!
  • ktk143ktk143 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Great thanks guys ! Appreciate all of the feedback :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards