New Jersey

Small-ish wedding in NJ, venues??

Hi All!!!  Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

I am a busy bride with not much free time to plan our wedding for next year.  We're having approximately 80-90 guests for a Friday wedding and I want to keep the cost for the venue, food and drink under $7500.  Any suggestions on where we could have it??  I'm open minded about venues, and willing to travel around NJ for a better price, but I'm hoping to find something with more of a "package" deal, the more that is included the less I have to worry.  But really, ALL suggestions are welcome.  

Thanks!

Re: Small-ish wedding in NJ, venues??

• do you have a specific time of year you are looking at?
  • Nope, we are open to whatever is available/affordable.  It might be difficult to have it January-February just because it is so much sooner, but really, open to anytime.

Thanks!
  • I was thinking of something, but then did the math and it breaks down to $83.33 (including tax and tip) for 90 guests - in case this helps anyone else.

Tides, Brownstone, and Season's come to mind.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Think about the Elan in LODI. That place is neutral and elegance!! It was my 2nd choice. If you want Friday wedding, I think your budget is enough for the place. Also they are willing to customize the package based on your budget.
  • Try olde mill inn in basking ridge NJ
  • My wedding will be around the same size, we're expecting 85-95 people and will be getting married at the Grain House at the Olde Mill Inn... I'm doing a Saturday in September which makes it a lot more expensive, but I know their prices are lower for Fridays and Sundays and they also run a winter special that I think was $99 per person. It may be a little over what you were looking to spend but worth looking into! Its a beautiful place.
  • Try:

The Arlington in Lake Hopactong / Mount Arlington

Perona Farms in Andover (the back rooms)

The Lake Mohawk Country Cllub n Sparta (downstairs)

David's Country Inn in Hackettstown

The Adam Todd Inn on Route 206 in Cranbury Lake near Byram

The Jefferson House in Hopactong

Casa Bianca in Oak Ridge

The Elks Club in Somerville / Bridewater on Route 28
  • THANK YOU for the suggestions, everyone, I'm looking into basically ALL  of them.  I'm surprised that the obstacle I keep hitting is the guest minimum!  I would have to invite 40 people that I don't know or don't like to hit the guest minimum.  Doesn't anyone host a small wedding anymore? uuuugggghhh....

But thanks for the suggestions!! (please keep em' coming!)
  • My wedding was on the small side last September. We had 70 guests. We had our wedding and reception at Doolan's Shore Club in Spring Lake. I can almost guarantee they will meet your budget.
  • I'm having a smaller wedding on a Friday at Farmstead Country Club in Andover.  They work with you for minimums if you have it on an off day like a Friday.  Also you get 10% off per plate on Friday so depending on your package plates are between $75-$100 with the discount.
  • Definitely check out David's Country Inn as mentioned above! Their rates vary by season, so you can get the best prices in the off season, and you can not beat everything they include! Open bar, amazing food, 1 wedding per day, flowers for the table are included and the on site florist can do your flowers for an additional cost. They break down the flowers at the end of the reception to make your favors for you and the cake is also included in the price! So when you break down everything they include, you may even be able to go above that $7500 since your not buying cake, table flowers or favors!

My wedding there is 9/7, and they book very fast, but the place is yours for the whole day and it is family owned and operated by a WONDERFUL family :)
  • If you don't want a specific "Wedding venue" check out the Knights of Columbus in Spotswood. It's really nice for a wedding. Dance floor and bar area, DJ stage etc.

Cambridge Inn caters there as a package deal and we got ours for under $70 per person which includes table linens, centerpieces, cocktail hour, wedding cake, open bar and buffet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2013
    Ravello's or Brownstone might be your best bet! 

• Most places will quote you a minimum head count, but what they really want is for you to spend a minimum amount. See if you can add stations, a third meal option, a day after breakfast, or even the ceremony to help you hit the minimum spend without inviting randoms. We are having 100 people in a venue that quoted a 150 minimum.
  • I am paying total with tax and tip also includes flowers and cake they also break down the flowers to give out as favors in feb 2015 119.00 a head
  • Black Bear Golf Club, which is part of Crystal Springs Resort in Vernon, offers a package that is $65pp. They require a 100 person minimum. They also have other packages available, but those are based on revenue minimums.
  • Shadowbrook in Shrewsbury? When I looked there I noticed they could do a smaller size wedding and there packages do include a lot.
  • Try Crystal Springs and Perona Farms! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Try The Graycliff. They have a smaller room that only requires 100 on a Saturday night so I'm sure they can work something out for 90 on a Friday night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We booked with the women's club in glen ridge and there was no difference in price from a friday or saturday or during any time of year. you could rent the whole building or just one floor and then we are having munch catering in nutley do our food, linens and drinks and its under $80 per person.

there are other women's club such as englewood, montclair, ridgewood.
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    Ravello's (East Hanover): According to their website the minimum is 75 guests at $100 per person not including tax or gratuity.
  • we are getting married in feburary 2015 at davids Country Inn for about 119.00 per person including Tthe cake and flowers,  they also give out the flowers for center peices as favors at the end of the night. W are having about 85 people. 
  • Inculing tax and gratuity
  • Biagio's, Paramus NJ
  • I am having a smaller wedding at the Old Mille Inn, in Basking Ridge, I think they have a minimum of 75 guests in the Hunt room, and their prices are very reasonable for all that they include. It was so frustrating to find so many venues that could not cater to a wedding of anything under 130 guests so I feel your pain!
  • Farmstead Golf and Country Club in Lafayette/Andover

• I heard maggiano's do weddings as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards