Plus-Sized
Options

garter?

This might be a silly question but are there "plus sized" garters out there? I was hoping to wear it the whole day up to the "toss" but don't want something uncomfortably / painfully tight on my thigh all day.  I have fairly large thighs but still want to be able to take part in this tradition but be comfortable at the same time. 

Re: garter?

• Options
    I got mine on Etsy it is made of flat lace so is super comfortable and the woman made mine larger for no extra charge. i just measured my thigh and sent her the info. Also it wound up being about half the price of a traditional garter (most of which i think are ugly and very uncomftortable) Mine even has a small navy colored bow for my something blue.
  • Options
    I got my White Sox garter from garters by Kristi, but for the record: comfortable or no, I wouldn't wear it all day.  It gets sweaty under a wedding dress and I would NOT have wanted H pulling a sweaty thing off my leg and really wouldn't have wanted him tossing it to his friends (though we had a separate toss garter anyway).

Looking on their website I couldn't find anything on size; and it's been a while since I bought mine so I'm having trouble remembering if I saw the sizing and it worked or if I contacted them to make sure it was big enough, but they've got a phone number and email to contact so it certainly wouldn't hurt to take a measurement and ask.  And FTR it should really just go slightly above your knee which will probably be a smaller measurement than all the way up your thigh.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I'm purchasing mine off of Etsy as well.  If you search "plus size garters," you should get a lot of hits.  Many crafters can make a garter specifically for your size thigh, which is nice!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    My mom's making mine.  She says that they're incredibly simple to make (somewhere out there she found a pattern).

And, thanks ya'll for the reminder that it might be a big sweaty under the dress for the garter.  We're not doing a toss (I'm having my garter made specifically for him), but, I also don't want to present a sweaty piece of wedding 'memorabilia' either!!
  • Options
    Yeah, Etsy has great garters that can be made to your exact measurements. Some of them include the throw away as well as the keepsake. And you don't necessarily HAVE to wear the garter on your thigh either. My upper legs are very large, so I am opting to wear the garter on my upper calf, right below the knee. This way we can still do the garter toss the "traditional way" :) Good luck!
  • Options
    My SO's sister is looking for a garter as well. I'm her MOH. Her mom came up with a really simple solution - buy two identical garters and sew them together.
  • Options
     I am opting to wear the garter on my upper calf, right below the knee. This way we can still do the garter toss the "traditional way" 
    I love this idea! This way, I won't have to worry about a sweaty garter
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards