Plus-Sized

Spray Tan

Anyone ever done one? I'm curious/terrified to know how it works with the rolls and stuff... I'm seriously considering having one done a few days before the wedding but I don't want it to be awkward. Any and all advice/anecdotes/experiences appreciated!

Re: Spray Tan

• be careful because spray tans can rub off on your dress
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • I say don't do it. My sister is a wedding planner and has told me so many horror stories about the colr rubbing off onto the dress, even for brides who did it a week before. Also she said if you sweat it can streak. Try tanning outside or even goign to a salon. You don't need to get really dark, a little color goes a long way.
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_spray-tan?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:ea2cb7f5-47a5-4a75-ad5e-83b1066d7bcfPost:fe6808db-6ea9-4c35-a4e3-b02d8673f827">Re: Spray Tan</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say don't do it. My sister is a wedding planner and has told me so many horror stories about the colr rubbing off onto the dress, even for brides who did it a week before. Also she said if you sweat it can streak. Try tanning outside or even goign to a salon. You don't need to get really dark, a little color goes a long way.
    Posted by wagillespie[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah I've decided against the spray tan. I bought a tube dress today that I'm going to wear as often as possible between now and the wedding to get a little sun on my shoulders and arms. With sunscreen, of course!</div>
  • Good idea!

I am getting married next week (I am in denial) and I just started goign to a tanning salon last Friday. I already have a little color. It is too darn cold where Ilive to sit out and sun bathe, its snowing right now
  • I am fine if my opinion is in the minority or in disharmony with the OP, but honestly --- tanning is *not* attractive.  Just be the skin color you are.  Every color of skin is lovely, but 'tanning' makes a woman look weird.  Just be pale.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards