July 2013 Weddings
Options

I have 2 little girls and do not want a ring bearer

who should hold our wedding rings any ideas?? our 3 and 6 year old will be our flower girls.

Re: I have 2 little girls and do not want a ring bearer

• Options
    Sounds all cute and all but I dont know if I would let kids that young hold real rings, maybe give them fake ones and give the real ones to a trusted adult.
  • Options
    If you aren't having a ring bearer (we aren't either) then you can just have the best man hold on to them. The officiant will ask for the rings and the BM will pull them from his pocket and hand them over. 
  • Options
    Heck, we do have a ringbearer and we are having the best man hold them. Our officiant told us he preferred it that way, as long as we "check his clothes for holes!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    the ring bearer doesn't *actually* hold the rings in most cases.  They made the little ring bearer pillows with fake rings on them, and the best man holds the rings in his pockets.  Our ring bearer is a little older (8), and we are still not putting the real rings on the pillow.  Way too risky
  • Options
    crysspearscrysspears member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    My 10 almost 11 y/o brother is ours.. I think ill actually let him hold ours.. right before the ceremony, while they're tied to the pillow. He's pretty responsible. He got mad at me for wearing my ring on accident to the pool area at our apartments.
  • Options
    I've heard that either the best man holds both, or he just holds one and the MOH holds one on her thumb.  We have 2 RBs that are carrying them up in boxes, and then they will hang onto the boxes but give the BM/MOH the rings.
  • Options
    The best man could hold them... or the Maid of Honor.. or maybe one ring each?

OR! I've attended weddings where the Mother of the Bride (or Groom!) or some other special guests like an ageing Grangparent hangs onto them.... and then stands up and hands them over when requested during the ceremony. It can be a really nice way to give a special job to someone very near & dear to you Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards