May 2013 Weddings

Honeymoon Planning

I know that this isn't the honeymoon board, but that board is not as active as this one. 

Am I the only one that doesn't have my honeymoon totally planned?  Ha ha FI and I are going to New Orleans, and I finally booked my hotel last night!  FI is not into the planning at all and it is making me crazy.  He keeps telling me that he wants to do fun things, but then he won't give me any ideas.  He has never been to NOLA so I want him to have fun.  Sorry I think that I am just venting.  Our wedding is in 29 days and we are leaving for our honeymoon the next day!  OMG things are coming quickly!!  I can't believe that I am only 29 days away from my wedding! 

Re: Honeymoon Planning

• That's awesome that you have your hotel booked. I'm from Seattle and I noticed, a random bride posted on the Seattle board asking the locals about fun things to do and see in Seattle. So maybe that might help, or at least is worth a try to check out the NOLA board and post and see if any of the locals have any suggestions for you.

Good luck. :)
  • Yay! HM bookings are so exciting :)

Ours is fully booked, we did everything through the airline we're using. They handle our flights, accommodations, transfers, and tours so it was all taken care of the day we booked. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_honeymoon-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:39c817e6-b1ee-4437-a67d-0322e854764dPost:54b0473c-ef3f-4883-a412-5d4fce7edd15">Re: Honeymoon Planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's awesome that you have your hotel booked. I'm from Seattle and I noticed, a random bride posted on the Seattle board asking the locals about fun things to do and see in Seattle.<strong> So maybe that might help, or at least is worth a try to check out the NOLA board and post and see if any of the locals have any suggestions for you.</strong> Good luck. :)
    Posted by huynhette[/QUOTE]

That is such a great idea!!  Ha ha I don't know why I didn't think of that!!  Thanks so much. 
  • I also don't have my HM totally booked. We have flights and rental car booked and that's it. I'm still scoping out deals on groupon and livingsocial for hotels but my sis works for marriott so we can always score a deal there if need be. We are pretty much winging it...
  • We booked the hotel, have our flights booked, and made a reservation for the one expensive, fancy dinner we are doing in Montreal.  We have 2 guidebooks and are not too worried about booking a ton of stuff in advance.  We will book a day trip we are planning on, but waiting until we are both off on the same day (so next week) to figure out which option we like best.  Everything else we are winging.  We will plan roughly which parts of town to do on what days, but I dont' like to have everything too planned, just a rough outline to follow.  But I am super excited!  I think you don't have to have the whole trip booked up unless that's how you like to travel.  We've figured things like airport to hotel transfers and what kind of subway passes to buy but otherwise, hopign to relax and see where each day takes up to some extent.  As long as we eat and drink our way through Montreal we'll be happy!
  • We are taking a mini moon to Cape May, NJ and booked our suite at the B&B we are staying at. Everything else will be paid for on the trip.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are all booked with flights and hotel, but we still have to buy Disney World tickets and I need to try to make a few reservations at their resturants. I still have sooo much stuff to do/think about for the wedding so I've been putting that off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards