Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Novice @ Hair Questions PIP

I'm not very hair savy. I almost never get my hair cut- just trim it myself once in a while. I do own a hairdryer, but it collects dust in the drawer. 

I have an idea for my hair, and was wondering if it was possible for my to do it on my wedding day or if I should find a professional to do it. Is it possible to teach yourself how to do this?

This is what I want:
If I need to get a professional, I don't know where to start. I don't know how to find a professional (salon? single person?) or what questions to ask. I've googled the area I live and the one I'm getting married in and only one place shows up. Anyone else in a similar predicament? How did you find a person? How far out from my date should I have the whole hair thing locked down?
 Thanks for any feedback!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Novice @ Hair Questions PIP

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    I don't think I would attempt that on my own. I hired one of my former students who was in Cosmotology school to do mine. 

Do you have any friends or family members who go to salons they could recommend? Otherwise, I suggest just Googling salons in your area, checking if they have reviews, and then making an appointment for a trial. Ask him or her what the cost is and if you would need to go to the salon on the wedding day or if he or she would come to your location. 

As for how far from the date, I don't really know on that. Deciding to have my hair done was a last-minute decision for me. I called her about 3 weeks before my wedding, and she did a trial the week before. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards