Chit Chat

Nails

So I have been calling every place in town trying to find a decent price for nails for my girls. I want a place that is close to my house in case we run short on time, that is clean, and offers reasonable prices. So far the best I found is a place that will do the girls nails with an included hot stone massage during their mani & pedi and got the following prices:

Gel nails: 33.25
Refill nails: 23.75
Paint nails: 9.5

Pedicure: 33.25
Paint toes: 19

Each girl needs a little something different since some have acrylic, and some can only have gel because of work, and one just want paint on her nails & toes. It comes out to be $28.5 for the girl just getting paint, $57 for the girls with acrylic, and $66.5 for the girls with gel nails. I know the massage is completely unnecessary but that was still the best price I got even with that luxury. Is this completely ridiculous?

Re: Nails

• I don't think they're absurd. There are definitely way cheaper places in Center City, but I don't know where you actually are. 

Just keep in mind, if you're requiring this, you need to pay for it. Otherwise, offer to make an apt with you if they want to get their nails done, but if they don't, leave it alone. 
  • Are you requiring this? If so you need to pay for it. If they want it done, those prices seem reasonable.
  • As someone that gets her nails done religiously I'm going to tell you that people are very picky about their nails.  I woun't let just anyone touch them.  If you are going to require your girls to get them done at this place then you need to pay for it. A better option is let each girl choose how to get their nails done/ where to go by themselves so it's only less thing you have to pay for and worry about.  Honestly micromanaging something like nails is a bit bridezilla.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • dem068dem068 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I can get a manicure and pedicure in NYC for $18, so that seems very high to me.  You might want to look for Groupons/other deals for mani/pedis, otherwise that is going to cost you a TON of money
  • In Response to Re: Nails:
    [QUOTE]As someone that gets her nails done religiously I'm going to tell you that people are very picky about their nails.  I woun't let just anyone touch them.  If you are going to require your girls to get them done at this place then you need to pay for it. A better option is let each girl choose how to get their nails done/ where to go by themselves so it's only less thing you have to pay for and worry about.  Honestly micromanaging something like nails is a bit bridezilla.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with the bolded.  I am also a religious nail doer.  I just recently switched from acrylic to shellac and I still won't get them done anywhere but my salon.

I offered to pay for my girls to get manis if they wanted and anything else was on them if they wanted it.  Nothing was required.  They were all standard mani girls so it didn't matter as much and I've been going to my salon for 5+ years; so I knew it was good, clean, sanitary.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards